User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Cobra Den

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New Cobra Den

I was rather successful with my four or five Darlingtonia last summer thanks to a water recirculation table (and luck).

*knocks on wood*

This year I plan on greatly expanding. After a couple awesome trades I am ready to bring on the grow season, and I feel like a photo thread would be prudent. I will try to update this as often as possible to illustrate my luck--or lack thereof--with these plants in Missouri, Zone 6b.
    Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First up, let's look at some highlights from last year.

Despite some fugly tongues I was pretty happy with last year's (2014) growth. I had lots of stoloniferous babies shoot up in these wide and shallow foam-cooler pots. They aren't pretty red or as nicely shaped as they would have been in full sun, but large growth in the shade is a win considering our heat waves near one-hundred degrees Fahrenheit without a considerable drop at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have some later season pics from last summer but they are eluding me now.

I have plenty of images of my new arrivals, though. I am ridiculously excited by the following.

See why? Nine plants arrived all told, I split them between an in-ground bog, a two-by-three foot container bog, and a few individual plantings. Pics of the potting process and their new homes follow.

Though these photos don't reflect it, all of these containers have received a generous top dressing of live sphagnum. The media for all is roughly 1:1:1 peat, perlite, cedar chips.
    Last edited by CorneliusSchrute; 02-19-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dem flower buds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lack any pictures of my in-ground plants. I will try to fix that when the snow melts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following were part of a separate trade with another TFer. These dudes are AWESOME. I have been growing them in a south window andbwill continue to do so as an experiment. No rcirculating water, no humidity dome, just a (full) water tray.

Here they are several weeks after breaking dormancy.

...and most recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and lest we forget: the next generation. Well, some of them. I have a few other pots germinating under lights in my classroom. The ones pictured here are last year's crop. Similarly, these little guys get the windowsill treatment and light dormancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast