What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower Watch 2015

joossa

Aklys
I thought there would be a flower watch thread already. Time to start one! :) Share your flowers!

I wanted to post this video I took today. In all my years of growing Sarrs here in California, I have never seen them be pollinated by the wild critters here. For the first time today, I saw a bumble bee doing it's thing with my Sarrs. It really liked the Catesbaei I got from Andrew/FlyTrapShop long ago. It was so exciting to watch. The bee seemed a little confused with the Sarr flowers, but eventually got the idea, haha.

Here are some recent shots I took. The Sarr in the first picture has got to have the tallest flower stalks on any of my Sarrs... They are nearing 24 inches in height.

PQHBL1m.jpg

D4obRcZ.jpg

FEXqruG.jpg

IBVZe1t.jpg

8qncUko.jpg

ZuP0yoU.jpg

q91xQTj.jpg

wZ0Hxy6.jpg

UZdfxZ6.jpg

U99Dmfd.jpg

Last edited:
40cd0ee9f38f6762e66991e8155523d4.jpg

Well here's a Leuco HCW Clone A flower :)

The only one I had open so far:

S. Umlauftiana (does an 'x' belong in there somewhere??)

Those are some nice flowers you have there! It's going to be a few more weeks at least for me here in Oregon but I've got 10 on the way, assuming the wildlife doesn't chew off any more of the buds.

Excellent video! I have witnessed this many times with bumble bees working my sarr flowers, but never when I have a camera handy.

Nice video :) Thanks for sharing!

Sarracenia x "Dana's Delight"
sfcb2d.jpg

Sarracenia minor
nn06qa.jpg

Unknown Sarracenia from a rhizome sale. Cant wait to find out what it is!

2wCuees.jpg

I obtained from the ICPS seedbank in 2008 what were labeled as S. rubra ssp rubra. Compared to the S. jonesii and S. alabamensis obtained at the same time they have been very slow growers. This year one finally put out a yellow flower. But not only is is yellow it seems to have extra sepals.

IMGP0388_zpskitndnjg.jpg

IMGP0397_zps9cvimd9m.jpg

Back