User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C. 'Eden Black' x self doesn't show color?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to what Dimi said, these two seedlings are from the same batch of location crosses and the front one (bottom of picture) has always shown a darker colouration to its siblings.

Last edited by mobile; 06-11-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    muwwahahahaha

evil scientist laugh....

Not an EB or an offspring, just an example of the effect light spectrum can have.
    Last edited by Av8tor1; 06-11-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    and, of course, those grown from the selfed seed will vary as any seed grown plant varies.
    So, having this in mind I was wondering if yours t/c propagated 'Eden Black' x self and so called "alpha," "delta," and "gamma," seedlings show the same " dark - black" color as the parent has? Apparently u grow them in full sun with no shade as u suggest, so any chance to post pictures, please?
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    So, having this in mind I was wondering if yours t/c propagated 'Eden Black' x self and so called "alpha," "delta," and "gamma," seedlings show the same " dark - black" color as the parent has? Apparently u grow them in full sun with no shade as u suggest, so any chance to post pictures, please?
    First of all, I don't grow them under full sun (and don't really have that luxury, here in San Francisco); and if you (or "u" if that's more preferable) had managed to comprehend what I had written, it had been Stephen Morely's specific advice on the cultivation of Eden Black that I had described. Most of the TC plants were grown and hardened under minimal laboratory lighting and were well received. Here is a shot of one of the "delta" and "gamma" clones from 2013-14, just beginning to produce some adult pitchers, both under about forty percent shade . . .

Cephalotus follicularis "Eden Black x Self" 2014

Last edited by BigBella; 06-12-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    muwwahahahaha

evil scientist laugh....

C. follicularis cv. "Chernobyl"

Not an EB or an offspring, just an example of the effect light spectrum can have.
    Yep, another welcomed visit from Butch's Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Chernobyl." I just wish the ole eyes would stop bleeding. Butch, for shame; lighting and cultivation practices should have absolutely nothing to do with a plant's appearance; so too Heliamphora, which also thrive under the dimmest of lighting; closets are best. The CPN -- circulation about eight -- told me so . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-12-2015 at 03:15 AM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    I remember in one of last year's issues of CPN there was an article saying that for a Cephalotus cultivar designation to be valid a plant should show characteristics of the cultivar no matter what conditions it is grown under, so I agree DND.
    This is a patently absurd statement. The fact that this ridiculous claim somehow made it into an article would make me doubt the validity of anything that author could ever contrive or that publication care to print.

If this claim were actual fact, then there are no valid Cephalotus cultivars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I grow a plant in a complex gas mixture and it shows a unique characteristic then could I register it as a cultivar?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mobile; 06-12-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    If I grow a plant in a complex gas mixture and it shows a unique characteristic then could I register it as a cultivar?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
    I grow many of my plants in a mix of oxygen, acetylene and nitrous oxide. Although I haven't noticed any unusual traits in any of them, the growth rate due to the presence of nitrogen along with the organic carbon source in the acetylene which I believe greatly enhances photosynthesis. I feel this is a new frontier in plant cultivation, and more people should be working on it.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast