User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cephs with non carnivorous leaves but no pitchers..help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 4 100watt bulbs sorry i prob didnt explain that to good, they are on a sort of light triggered timer i rigged up to turn on when the sun is up till it goes down. So when the sensor gets light on it the lamps turn on and when the sun is down it turns off, it also has a on/off switch to have it on when i want. But i like it timed to the actual seasons light change.

I have always top watered these plants but careful not to touch the water to the leaves and pitchers cause ive noticed they dont like to have those wet. It seems to be fine since when i let it sit in water ive noticed it would get rott.

Maybe they are just confused since they came from diffetent areas so when i got them in the winter they were still in their 'sunny and warm' temp schedule from where they were living it before i got them. So the fact that they are trying to pitcher gives me some hope they are trying to get back on a normal schedule for my area, they are slow growing but i like that it teaches patience and reward to the kids

And we did have a fee tanks filled with various plants in a living bog but it was destroyed along with most of the plants in it when our old greenhouse was vandalized, i like the tank system but i dont like the fact theirs no drainage so i have to be careful when watering or have to do planted pots for plants that require dormancy ..etc..etc..
    We are still in the process of finding a tank in the size we need to re create a living bog again but we are still searching for what we need for a reasonable price or donated/borrowed
    Last edited by KATastrophe; 06-23-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: forgot to ad something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to ad- the lights are specifically for plants and are daylight cf lights i beleive, they seem to work really good but i rather get them outside, unfortuantly we have a huge storm today and a tornado warning in effect not directly in my area but close by so i gatta start moving plants out of the windows cause they said we are gonna have hail and damaging winds...ahrg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And im in a flood zone ...
    Thank you for all the responses and the help i appreciate the info and help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12