User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus ' Dudley Watts ' or Cephalotus " Double Ribbed" ? Which one?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    If they have to steal other peoples pictures most likely the item is a fraud also.

And it was registered as a cultivar 21/1/2014. If the seller can't get basic facts correct, why would you trust them?

Cultivar Description of Cephalotus 'Dudley Watts'
    http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cul...ltivar_web.pdf

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cul...php?cp_id=6361
    I didn't realize that it had gained cultivar status. I missed the memo . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    Nothing personal, but do you have any idea what you have done during these years?

- You misled a lot people...however, Bob Ziemer should remove your pics of so called Cephalotus "Double Ribbed" from CARNIVOROUS PLANT PHOTOFINDER as not valid...

How can people trust you from now on?
    Christ on a cracker, DND, it was a two-word error, in the middle of the night, six years ago; and that trait lasted longer than most hobbyists keep these plants alive!

Mea culpa; mea ******ing maxima culpa . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-25-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How should I call my plant Cephalotus "Double Ribbed" or Cephalotus 'Dudley Watts'

However, it doesn't suit to any of them because it is traceable to you as so called Cephalotus "Double Ribbed " but at the same time is quite different to Cephalotus 'Dudley Watts' from Stephen Morley?

Last edited by DND; 11-19-2015 at 11:04 PM.
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooops
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DND, you can call your plant, "my left nut" if you so desire; and I have no way of knowing whether your plant was traceable to me, since I was unaware that it could have been distributed to Eastern Europe. I know that I didn't send anything but Cephalotus seeds overseas back then.

In the years since 2009, I have seen that double-ribbed phenomena occur in my Hummer's Giants; Dudley Watts; German Giants; Eden Black x Self; and others, on occasion. It turned out to be an inconsistent trait, and occurred in both divisions and in some tissue cultured plants as well. Back then -- six years ago -- it was the only time I had witnessed it with any consistency.

Of course, there can never be any errors in botany; never a clunky name change -- robcantleyii; never a reclassification; just doesn't happen . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-25-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the listing is BigBella's then the photos are his. If BigBella vouches for the provenance of the plant material then you can be assured it is what he says it is. The term "seed grown" on the other thread threw me off too.

Shame on you, respected Cephalotus grower for not keeping current on cultivar statuses.

Anyone can make mistakes.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha ha ha yes of course!
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that sentiment.
    However, there's always a however isn't there, to allow that mistake to be in circulation for several years without correction is a little naughty.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast