User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus ' Dudley Watts ' or Cephalotus " Double Ribbed" ? Which one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Big Bella,

there are some questions in CPUK regarding this thread here, so would you answer please?

Here is the link to CPUK : http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...23#entry372446

Thanks.
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crapola, this was years ago, in the early oughts; and the sundry packages had, I am quite sure, a Sheffield return address. I live in San Francisco and I am not aware of every extravagant plant collection or collector -- there are many, I was surprised to discover; and after Tony Paroubek's nightmares, people tend to keep rather quiet. I think that the name of the grower was Semitic -- Isaacson, if that is helpful, in any way. It never occurred to me, back then, that there would be such a ridiculous obsession attached to funny little ornamental plants. I'll try to dig up the photos that were provided . . .

DND, it's time hit the rakija and move out of your mother's basement . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    If the listing is BigBella's then the photos are his. If BigBella vouches for the provenance of the plant material then you can be assured it is what he says it is.
    Au contraire. (I thought I'd throw in a little foreign language too. Impressed? I'm not.)
    We are seeing very little evidence of provenance. Plus we have admission of mixing up of clonal material and misidentification.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    DND, it's time hit the rakija and move out of your mother's basement . . .
    Well done! You almost succeeded in impressing me with your knowledge of the Bulgarian " rakija " but seems it is for adults like me, not for you lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    It never occurred to me, back then, that there would be such a ridiculous obsession attached to funny little ornamental plants.
    I agree with you and there wouldn't be any if you wasn't selling the plant under misleading names...
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sold hundreds, if not close to a thousand plants over the years -- tissue-cultured, seed grown, divisions, etc -- and have yet to receive a single complaint; and my only big misstep was some wild-collected seed grown N. macrophylla, back in 2000, which ended up being N. x trusmadiensis; but the buyers were made aware of that potential risk; and none were ever returned. Try buying a true trusmadiensis nowadays.

In short, my plants are guaranteed . . .

Raki is good rot-gut; but I always preferred and grew up with ouzo . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, this nonsense isn't worth your time and energy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears that you cannot supply provenance on your plants. Cephalotus as you well know can become any clonal name you care to give and as RSS will agree it could never be proven otherwise.
    You have used one photo and given it 4 different names so far on fora and ebay. You have used another to illustrate at least two different clones on ebay. I'm not even trawling the net to find these. is it any wonder we question the validity of your plants?
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    David, this nonsense isn't worth your time and energy.
    Paul, had I not been bored out of my skull yesterday, waiting for perishables from FEDEX, I probably wouldn't even have responded; but my business partner, who is traveling overseas, kept egging me on, laughing like a maniac.

I was just informed by a friend that the plant has already sold, in the midst of all of this, and is wholly guaranteed. Should it be anything but what I say it is, I'll gladly buy it back -- shipping both ways; eating any charges; the whole nine yards. It'd be a welcomed novelty; I've never had to do it . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-26-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast