User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus ' Dudley Watts ' or Cephalotus " Double Ribbed" ? Which one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cephalotus ' Dudley Watts ' or Cephalotus " Double Ribbed" ? Which one?

Passing trough eBay I found this auction: *link removed*

" This is the first, limited release of Cephalotus follicularis "Dudley Watts," micro-propagated, or "tissue-cultured" from 2012-13 "vegetative" leaf and rhizome tissue -- obtained from plants in the EU and the UK (see additional photos). "

Ok that's fine but looking exactly the additional pics I'm getting confused what are u bidding for since one of the pics match so called C. " Double Ribbed"

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...c=31177&page=1
    Last edited by Not a Number; 06-25-2015 at 01:35 AM.
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they have to steal other peoples pictures most likely the item is a fraud also.

And it was registered as a cultivar 21/1/2014. If the seller can't get basic facts correct, why would you trust them?

Cultivar Description of Cephalotus 'Dudley Watts'
    http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cul...ltivar_web.pdf

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cul...php?cp_id=6361
    Last edited by Not a Number; 06-25-2015 at 02:03 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty colors but when i read info that isnt correct or other ppl raise red flags about an item i wouldn't think about laying down money, i really hope someone doesn't get scammed on this plant ive seen some cephs on ebay go for hundreds that's allot to spend on something from someone who didn't know it's a registered cultivar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post

And it was registered as a cultivar 21/1/2014. If the seller can't get basic facts correct, why would you trust them?
    It looks to me they're saying when the vegetative material was obtained. Stephen has called the plant Dudley Watts for years and it was distributed.

That doesn't mean to say I'd be happy to bid on a plant where someone else's photo/s has/have been utilised.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    Passing trough eBay I found this auction:

" This is the first, limited release of Cephalotus follicularis "Dudley Watts," micro-propagated, or "tissue-cultured" from 2012-13 "vegetative" leaf and rhizome tissue -- obtained from plants in the EU and the UK (see additional photos). "

Ok that's fine but looking exactly the additional pics I'm getting confused what are u bidding for since one of the pics match so called C. " Double Ribbed"
    Regardless of the source of that photo, that so-called "double-ribbed" was indeed an eight or nine year old Dudley Watts, which would, on occasion, throw out aberrant leaves, like most every plant that I own. It had been mine and was obtained from a grower from Sheffield in the UK . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-25-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typing with feet . . . again
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    Regardless of the source of that photo, that so-called "double-ribbed" was indeed an eight or nine year old Dudley Watts, which would, on occasion, throw out aberrant leaves, like most every plant that I own. It had been mine and was obtained from a grower from Sheffield in the UK . . .
    I'm still getting confused concerning this thread in CPUK: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=31177

Didn't you called this plant " Cephalotus follicularis "Double-Ribbed" -- Spring 2009 " ?

Aren't you the seller on eBay "deacon831" and "loligo1964" in CPUK and on the other forums Big Bella?
    ...I can hear a blue bird sing, and hear a robin call but yellow, yellow daffodil I love you most of all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    I'm still getting confused concerning this thread in CPUK: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=31177

Didn't you called this plant " Cephalotus follicularis "Double-Ribbed" -- Spring 2009 " ?

Aren't you the seller on eBay "deacon831" and "loligo1964" in CPUK and on the other forums Big Bella?
    Back in 2007-08, I took a number of divisions from a large mother plant of "Dudley Watts" and distributed more than a few of them to friends and fellow growers. Around the time that thread was first written, I had about fifteen plants that were beginning to flower, both the Watts and many other varieties, some that had been grown from seed, in the late nineties. It was simply an error on my part; and I should have clarified that that particular plant in the thread was originally a rhizomal division and not one of the seed grown plants.

There had been a number of other Cephalotus, some of which were exhibiting that same or similar traits, that were originally going to be part of that thread, that weren't posted, due to my laziness; time constraints, in transferring photos from a desktop to Photobucket; and then providing links, six years ago . . .

For whatever reason -- perhaps the rooting hormones, 1-NAA and IBA -- more than a third of those Watts plants -- divisions-- began producing aberrant leaves, everything from the double-ribbed appearance to very coarse peristomes with fewer teeth than before. Some of the plants maintained the double-ribbed appearance for upwards of three years or so, then reverted back to normal.

Back in 2009, the characteristic seemed consistent enough to write a thread. It was never updated, for good reason . . .
    Last edited by BigBella; 06-25-2015 at 12:23 PM.
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing personal, but do you have any idea what you have done during these years?

- You misled a lot people...however, Bob Ziemer should remove your pics of so called Cephalotus "Double Ribbed" from CARNIVOROUS PLANT PHOTOFINDER as not valid...

How can people trust you from now on?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast