2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cephalotus Sudden Death Syndrome?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its dead, not dried, dead. Sorry to break it to you, happened to my baby fts ceph as well. Its already rotted, most likely due to too much water. I keep my fts ceph a lot drier than my other ones since it seems very susceptible to rot when little.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seconding the bad news, I also have to say we're looking at:
    (a) it had a bad day and dried out. If this is unlikely because there were no hiccups with the watering of this plant, then we go to
    (b) root rot.

What tells me this is the pitcher color at death. If they're brownish, then it means your leaves died slowly (a more normal way for leaves to senesce). Since yours are greenish, it means they died very quickly. The leaves dried out suddenly from a quick and sudden stress, either a skipped watering or a pathogen (which often will cut off water to the leaves by killing roots). The plant did not have time to reallocate the valuable nutrients in those leaves. All the chlorophyll and other good stuff got left behind, which colors them a pale gray-green at death.

What is your media mix for this plant?
    Last edited by theplantman; 07-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplantman View Post
    What is your media mix for this plant?
    It's 100% sphagnum moss, I also have a cephalotus from the same vendor and they all come potted in the same media. Although many argue this, I have found 100% better gro sphagnum moss to be the best medium for cephs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya Swagalotus is correct. 100% LFSM

thanks for all the knowledge and suggestions guys! I'll be a better grower next time

my poor plants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya Swagalotus is correct. 100% LFSM

thanks for all the knowledge and suggestions guys! I'll be a better grower next time

my poor plants

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagalotus View Post
    It's 100% sphagnum moss, I also have a cephalotus from the same vendor and they all come potted in the same media. Although many argue this, I have found 100% better gro sphagnum moss to be the best medium for cephs
    I 100% disagree that this is the best growing medium for cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did u check the roots cause mine regrew after it was badley water damaged and had shipping shock. Nothing really to loose now check the roots and snip off the dead pitchers and if the roots seem okay pot it up and top water away from the actual plant and hopefully it will put out new growth. Even put it in a baggy for high humidity, i don't keep my cephs in standing water for long periods and they seem to be growing back only non cp leaves at the moment but some of them were just a stock in soil for some time i didn't have any hope and then i noticed new growth and let them be too watered once a week and now they are a mass of leaves starting to pitcher but they need more light to do so. I may be able to send u some leaf cuttings if i have info on how to do so. Mine is just a typical one but it's better then nothing i guess lol!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast