1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia are very tough plants. It doesn't even look dehydrated to me, just that it was squished into a container too small for it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plant is 'Scarlet Belle', and it's a little worn but new leaves will be in better health. They do not need much humidity at all (mine survive as low as 5% on occasion, averages of 20-30% during summer), and a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight a day, more being better, so this is definitely a plant that should go outside as soon as possible. Being temperate plants, they won't have much issue with light frosts either, so it would just slow growth until temps warm up properly.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I took it the soil couldn't even absorb any water. it went right through it. I had to moist it bit by bit. And pitchers were (still are a bit) wrinkled. But let's see how it goes.

Now, the temperatures are 13-16*C during the day and 3-6*C during night time. Based on what you say, hcarlton, I can take it outside right away. Does it matter if I do it right away or gradually acclimatizing it to the new temps?
    Last edited by takitza; 03-28-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    The plant is 'Scarlet Belle',
    Oh dear, here we go again.

The plant certainly looks like S. x wrigleyana but is it that certain that it is a vegetative propagation of the cultivar? If it doesn't have a label that says so then it's a giant leap to say it is.
    S x wrigleyana has been around for many many years, long before the cultivar Scarlet Belle. Do you even know for certain if the cultivar is available in Romania? It's more likely to be one of Carniflora's many TC'd hybrids.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    Oh dear, here we go again.

The plant certainly looks like S. x wrigleyana but is it that certain that it is a vegetative propagation of the cultivar? If it doesn't have a label that says so then it's a giant leap to say it is.
    S x wrigleyana has been around for many many years, long before the cultivar Scarlet Belle. Do you even know for certain if the cultivar is available in Romania? It's more likely to be one of Carniflora's many TC'd hybrids.
    I have no idea if the cultivar is available in Romania. But after all, we do not have CP Specific nurseries. I got it from Ikea and they are pretty much international.
    So, asking wether or not S. x Wrigleyana or Scarlet Belle is available in Romania has nothing to do with the probability to be this cultivar

Andrei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by takitza View Post
    I have no idea if the cultivar is available in Romania. But after all, we do not have CP Specific nurseries. I got it from Ikea and they are pretty much international.
    So, asking wether or not S. x Wrigleyana or Scarlet Belle is available in Romania has nothing to do with the probability to be this cultivar

Andrei
    What odd logic you have

1. If the plant isn't available then it couldn't possibly be it.
    2. Ikea is indeed international but would it import plants from the USA which would involve import licences, phytosanitary and CITES certificates or would they order from a EU nursery (Carniflora) where you have free movement across EU borders. I think the second option is more probable.
    If the plant had been obtained privately from another grower in the EU then there would be the possibility of a division from a probable illegal import.
    Let's face it, is Scarlet Belle worth the hassle of import compared to a standard home grown S x wrigleyana? I sincerely doubt it.

Edit: Incidentally the questions were really addressed to young HawkenC due to his so positive identification.
    Last edited by fredg; 03-28-2016 at 03:58 AM.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Scarlet Belle' is a widely available cultivar, tissued cultured and found internationally, and has been around for decades. It also has a distinct appearance, even when a bit crinkly, due to leucophylla being the maternal parent as opposed to many other wrigleyana crosses along with the specific clones used in the parentage. Compared to wild-found plants, or other cultivars like 'Chagall', it's hard to mistake the Belle. In fact, the pitchers still in somewhat decent shape are a near-exact match for my plants.
    Perhaps it's not a 100% certain ID, but of the likely possibilities....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast