What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for pics

I have three flowers coming in on my S. Rosea so far and one on my S. Minor okee giant and was curious if anyone had pics of a cross of these.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

S. rosea x minor okefenokeensis would look like a very large x swaniana (though that name would not fit this cross as x swaniana is reserved for purpurea x minor).

Thank you for the responses looking forward to it. I hope to show pictures when available.

I suppose it depends on who you ask whether S. rosea is a separate species or not. Considering that CPPhotofinder lists it primarily as S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii I will assume that any pictures of this cross are included on the S. x swaniana page. They certainly don't have a separate page for S. rosea x minor (or vice versa.)

Last edited:
I was curious which I figured it would be lighter but I was hoping to see a picture of one that was crossed with a giant. I really do like the bigger of the plants so I'm hoping for another giant.

It will probably turn out tubbier, and the petals a lighter color. Otherwise, physically rosea and purpurea aren't too different and the hybrids will be similar, if perhaps bulkier in several means; rosea is a cryptic species separated by genetic differences.

That's sounds promising to me so looking forward to getting a fair amount of seeds.

Back