What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate kids

I really wish I had a solution for everyone, however, as I have been told numerous times by various people, I can't go around systematically exterminating everyone who is a detriment to the human race. So I'm kind of out of suggestions.

My condolences on the loss of your plants.

EDIT: Just a quick question that is sort of on the same topic.

This thought keeps me awake at night:

My daughter is going to grow up and associate with the children of the people I associated with when I was younger.

Is anyone else tormented to the point of insomnia by thoughts like this?

Perhaps you should go with the natural look and add some stinging nettles to your gardens
wink.gif

The fake cam sounds like a good plan in my opinion.
As far as the pellet gun, and breaking into the house... Let me tell you people who suggested that you are in for some big fun with an attitude like that. Ive been there done that and let me tell you a vacation behind bars wheather its a county jail or a state prison is something youll remember always. Ahh theres nothing like squatting infront of a celly on an ice cold stainless steel toilet/sink/drinking fountain. Oh how I miss that thing especially in the early morning hours of winter when its the coldest. Oh and sleeping... you cant get enough of that in the 4" 3x6 mattress they provide just remember to show some skin when they come by with the flashlight every hour to count you or they will have to wake you up. It took me months to quit yelling "NICKELL!" when I was woken up after I was released. Ah yeah those were the days no bills to worry about and a part time job that paid 42cents an hour,guess how long you would have to work just to get a bottle of shampoo. People are posted everywhere just waiting to pop doors open for you after ofcourse showing them your DOC tag and reciting your new name...713180(state) or 101856 (county). yours will be different ofcourse than mine
wink.gif
Yup I envy you guys you have alot to look forward with attitudes like that
wink.gif
Unfortunately I had to grow up and those days are behind me now though
confused.gif
I could stand infront of the kitchen for hours with my tray and still nobody is there to serve me the wonderful veggies warmed in the dishwasher cause the stove died.
Oh one more thing you better invest in some ear plugs if you are light sleepers there usually is alot of screaming after lights out.

I am VERY sorry to hear that, Pyro. It's why my family and I don't live in apartment complexes anymore.

I've had little snot-nosed punks steal my bike, punchure its tires, then throw it in the dumpster because it was an "older bike than theirs", and I've had brats who poured ROUND UP in my herbal garden, and worse. I truly feel for you.

My mom and I tried everything to get those snots taken care of, but one of them was the manager's kid. Nothing like the "Not my angel!" excuse... -_-

Any case, I could never recover my herbal garden (I work with medicnal plants) and we moved out... Now we live in a house, with a dog to keep watch.

I'm sorry for what happened, though! I hope that everything turns out right.... I hope your plants are okay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RamPuppy @ April 26 2003,5:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">6'5" w/ a goatee, weigh 300...........[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Sounds kinda like Burl Ives. I always liked Burl Ives
biggrin.gif

For the younger generation..He does the voice of Frosty the Snowman in the Rudolph cartoons they show every Christmas.

Pyro, sorry to hear about your plants.  Hope they pull through and remember what goes around comes around.  Those kids will get what's coming to them eventually, just don't let your anger get the better of you.  Hang in there.

Haha sorry about that rant there guys
wow.gif
where in the heck did that come from?
Anyways I forgot to even mention that Im sorry about your plants which was the whole reason I got started posting on this thread.

skip the fake camera and attach a cheap real one.  makes for excellent evidence.  Yes it may be overkill but I spent 800 on my alarm system because of punks these days, overkill can be necessary.

As for the pellet gun I agree with the clown, I had a nice paintball gun once, it's in an evidence locker now because of a similar incident.

Is it legal to grow poison ivy in a condo garden?

joe

P.S. I believe this unfortunate incident counts as further proof that some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

Actually, It's not the fact we should kill anyone.

What it REALLY boils down to is the lack of pure dicipline that has crippled morality in this world. Children learn early that they can get away from anything with just a "don't do it again," and will do it again because the worst they get is this "pep-talk" they will one day say "talk to the hand" to.

Actually, the good lord gave kids extra meat on their rear ends so that parents could dicipline the children through the good ol' spanking. Yes, to some of you, you are probably saying, "COUGAR!!! THAT'S ABUSE!" However, it's not abuse, far from! When you give them a bare hand across the butt, and, contrare to popular belief, the stinging slap across the rear end ultimately gets the point across, expecially because the children are a) unable to understand what you are trying to tell them when they are 4 years old, and b) they don't like the pain that comes with doint something bad, so it deters them from doing the same action again (such as being destructive).

I mean, if we can put a shock collar on a dog and zap him everytime he jumps on the couch, we can give the little kid a slap on the butt and let him know he did something bad.

Besides, neglecting to dicipline a child to the point he becomes a delinquet ultimately leads to abuse.... of others.

The point is, this all falls back on the parents, who are either too lazy, too wrapped up in this so-called "child psychology against violent tendencies," or too arrogent to understand that their child is the neighborhood bully. In fact, Pryo could sue the apartment managers and parents themselves for damages and failure to control delinquets.

Also, parents that raise such delinquets often look for a scape goat. I hate to bring this up, but look at the frequent school shootings. All blamed on violent video games. But think about it, is it NOT dicipline that teaches the kid right from wrong in the first place? And those who can't distinguish reality from fantasy is either insane or undiciplined, the latter in which is most plausible.

However, thanks to the over zealous "child abuse" laws (don't get me wrong, anti-child abuse laws are good, but I feel they are just over-done), spankings can not be dished out like they should be anymore, because the parents fear their kid will run up and yell, "Mommy hit me!" and she'd end up in prison. It sadly reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials, where the kids found a way to break dicipline AND terrorize their communities.

To sum it up, all of this falls to the parents lack of keeping their kids under control. We shouldn't kill, for it's not right, we shouldn't go out and shoot or beat anyone into a bloody pulp, but what SHOULD be done is to let up on some of the more over-zealous child protection laws (like the no spanking one) and give these little snot-nosed brats a little time in a boot camp or, if they are young enough, a good stinging slap on the butt.

There's my two cents.

Note: I don't mean to offend anyone by this post. I'm just merely stating my opinion. If I hurt anyone, I'm very sorry. - Cougarmint

Maybe this topic should be changed to Kid discipline rather than i hate kids....what happened to the topic for Pete's sake!
tounge.gif

Shelly,

You crack me up and make a wonderful point.

Steve,

The only way my anger gets ahold of me is I come in here and make a nasty post about some punk kids. That is about as far as it will go.

Joseph,

I've had past run ins with poision ivy and so am gunshy around it
confused.gif

NepG,

I think we are still okay with this post
smile.gif

It's been my experience that kids like that NEVER get what's coming to them. I work in an alternative middle school (meaning I get all THOSE kids that can't be allowed in the normal school system). Their parents will forever bail them out and shrug it off. We have one student, he stole his parents truck (he's 14 keep in mind) drove it all over town picking up his friends and went and stole beer, tore up a bunch of peoples yards, totalled this BEAUTIFUL brand new Toyota that belonged to his dad I belive. When the cops found the truck slammed into a telephone pole and the kids all so drunk they could not get out of the truck and walk, they took them downtown and booked them for all that fun stuff, the parents came down, paid the outrageous bail, fought for the kid, hired him an incredible lawyer, and he got off CLEAN! He was back in school 3 days later with the same attitude that he was bullet proof. A month later, he is booked in a state prison for some crime we were not told exactly what it was, just that, it was an adult crime, and he was convicted to do adult time. Maybe that will 'ram' some sense into the kid, put the fear of god into him so that when he is out, he will at least CONSIDER what could happen. It should not have taken so much though is my point. The crimes that get a kid sent to REAL jail around here means he really hurt someone, maybe killed! It's all gotta stop somehow...

You are all too right, Flint, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of thing. As I said before, it ALL falls back on the lack of dicipline and arrogence on the Parent's part... you know, the "My kid is an angel" crud.

Yeah, tell that to the brats who wrecked Pyro's plants. What those little twirps need is a good bite from the leaf of a venus fly trap where it hurts... I would mention dipping them in the mouth of a pitcher plant but killing is the easy and immoral way out of things.

heres my opion from a kids point of view:

some kids really suck.

i have no other comment.....

Grim,

You said a mouthful
smile.gif
I'd like to ammend it a little though

Some people just suck.

Remember, those kids grow up to be bad adults

It's more like:

If some kids just suck, and some of those kids become parents, then some parents just suck (to use the if "a=b and b=c, then a=c" logic). Because if they grow up to be adults, their kids will be the same as they are, as all kids learn from parents.

The cycle continues.

I still say dicipline is a rare commodity these days. -_-

We must grow bigger plants. Only when they can eat children will children stay away.

I have been very lucky so far--the worst that has happened is that a lilac has been topped, and the kid left it alone after I raised heck with his parents. It's taken it two years to recover, but we got the first little clump of flowers this year.

I don't know why they leave the sarrs and flytraps alone.

Steve

Personally, I think what we need to protect propery is one of those plants from "Little Shop of Horrors"....
alien.gif

Boot to the head! Parents that suck - grow kids that suck or just have no respect for opp.

EXACTLY, Travis! Like I said, the cycle needs to be broken.

How?

Hard to say. They have gone undiciplined for a long time, but it's never too late to start.

I suggest shoving them into the military.... a DEEP dicipline area... they go in delinquets, but after boot camp and all that STRICT orders and stuff, they will really miss out and have no freedom like they did and emerge as diciplined adults.

And, if you remember the age old adage (which isn't always true, but) these kids have a low selfesteem to begin with. They have a superiority complex that can only be broken with such a high-dicipline. If they have more respect for themselves and their freedom, they would have more respect for others and theirs.

First I want to say that I'm sorry for all of you who lost plants to these kids. I know how you feel, Last summer I had some kids jump my fence and steal alot of my flytraps. They stole and damaged alot of other things too. One of the best ways to get everybody's attention is to slap a lawsuit on their parents. I did for almost $1500, In fact I have to go to court tomorrow (again) about this. It's been almost a year and this is still dragging on.
I have a solution for everybody. Some of you may remember my post in the Misc. Plants section a while back about stinging plants from Australia. When you touch the leaves, it somehow injects venom in you. It is suppose to be extremely painful. The best part is that every time it gets wet, it's like being stung all over again, for up to six months.
Next time you catch some little brat kicking over your plants, Get your rubber gloves, pull off a leaf, (which is about 1ft by 1ft), Calmly call over the kid. Bend down so you're eye level, and say please don't kick my plants again. He'll probably stick out his tounge as his way of saying "You can't tell me what to do" Then he'll turn around and start to walk away. That's when you grab his belt loop and shove the leaf down the back of his pants!
wow.gif
 I guarantee he'll never bother you or your plants again.
You could just plant it out in the open and sit back and wait for the fun to begin.

Man I got to get one of those plants!!!!!!!!!

The events posted herein are entirely fictional. Any similarities to these events and the brats I caught in my backyard are completely incidental. All opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of the author.

Back