What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate kids

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So last night I was walking my dog and I saw a rather familiar looking pineapple plant. MINE!!!!! Uprooted and 6 feet form its pot. Quite angry I stormed over to it and picked it up and found my S. oreophila underneath, totally uprooted and all limp and shrivled. I know it was those dang brats that roam our apartmant complex with zero supervision. Managment won't do anything and neither will their parents. And the real kicker is, the pot for my oreo is still missing. Why the heck would they steal the pot?!?!?

I swear I will never allow my kid to grow up like these little punk brats.

That sucks, as I beleive you say in the US of A. Sadly, such problems are not confined to your side of the Atlantic. The brats in my village are menace too.

Last Christmas they smashed most of the lights on the tree outside my house. I'd love to build a big CP bog in my front garden, plenty of space and full sun all day, but I know it would be trashed almost as soon as I planted it.

You have my sympathy

Cheers

Vic

One of the nice things about homeschooling is that the kid's mine hang around are usually homeschooled also, which generally means frequent spankings, which in turn means my plants are safe.

Of course, since there are several beehives next to my outdoor Sars, that may have something to do with it. I'd loan you a couple, but I doubt the management of your appts would look upon it favorably.

Oh Pyro! I am SO sorry! Trust me, I know what you are feeling. Don't know if the means of destruction matters, but when you work so hard on your plants and then see them end up as litter, its just hearbreaking.

I wish I had an oreo to send you as a replacement.
confused.gif

My sympathies to you.

Suzanne

Pyro: Ok what you need to do is buy one of those fake cameras like the banks have. They are like 20 dollars. And put it next to you collection that you have outside. Those punks will think twice before trying to knock over stuff again.

Vic: Build a Fince and buy one of those Fake cam's to.
biggrin.gif

Phil

First.     I'm a kid.
Second.    Not ALL kids are bratty punks so the topic title should be I hate SOME kids!
Third.    You were once a kid!
Fourth. I am very sorry to hear that and behalf of those kids we are truly sorry!
biggrin.gif

Hope your plants get better,

lil_flytrap_boy

Lil,

Yes I was a kid once, but I was well behaved and NEVER destroyed other peoples property for fun.

And I agree not all kids are bratty punks but I am mad and adding qualifiers to each sentence just doesn't allow the anger to flow. You know? So, I don't hate all kids but I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE these kids.

As for the oreo, there may be hope. I packed what was left in waterlogged LFS and bagged it. My wife (bless her) decided to check on it for me and it seems that the one remaining pitcher has regained turgor so I hope that means it will recover. I am going to baby it all summer after this fiasco

biggrin.gif
I understand your anger - I'd be just as mad!!! I'd never ruin someones property for fun
confused.gif
Thats just stupid - What's the point? I'm not saying I'm a goodey two shoes - I'm just not a vandel!
smile.gif

Who do you blam the kids or the parents?

I will tell you if I had kids they would never do that on my watch! I would teach them the very first time they did something wrong like that. That is unreal kids that do that...the parents should be held responsable for not teaching them (kids) correctly.
mad.gif
I would get slapped for doing something like that - Look how I turned out just fine
tounge.gif

Travis

I live in a highly populated area in the summer...and it's coming....I get load of kids up and down my street at night walking...with ym greenhouse right across my bedroom I'll hear anything that goes on but you bet your buttons I will put them in the hands of the authorities of some punks do something to that greenhouse. I've already had 2 drunk tourists water one of my household's flower beds....belive me they got a good fine from the police. I feel the anger with your Pyro....why not torch the little misfits?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

That reminds me, Phil Faulisi from the BACPS has had several people break into his greenhouse, stealing many priceless nepenthes and sarracenia...
mad.gif
I hope he catches them!

Hey, you know what? I hire out cheap...Just let me know, I'll come right on down and put the fear of God in those little *&^*&%$#'s
I actually do make money beating up kids (and adults, too&#33
wink.gif
. Heck, I'm a karate teacher!

BAM!

Seriously, though, my wife and I had a problem with kids running through our flower bed. She wanted me to screaming after them. Instead, you know what I did? I caught up to them, and asked them nicely to stay out of the bed because they're squishing my plants....it worked! I became their cool neighbor, so they repect my property because the LIKE me.

Good luck with your damaged plants, I'm sure, with your expert care, they will recover.

OUCH!! Ya, I had that happen to...sorta. About a week ago, one of my DARLING little ANGEL of a students decided my desk was a great place to throw a foot ball next to and smashed my Nep. Raff, I'm still worried it is gonna go the way of the dinosaur. No new growth is showing and everything is going brown. I was perfectly ready to pop his head like a waterballon (by throwing against something hard&#33
wink.gif
. But decided he was not worth my job...in hind sight it was a poor decision. Anyways, about the pot stealing thing...I bet it was to grow pot. My students are always asking if they can rip one of my plants out and take the pot so they can grow the seed they found in the weed, I look at them like they just asked the stupidest thing on earth (because they just DID) and say NO! I worry when I am not there though. What is it with kids today thinking that their priorities outweigh society in general?!? I mean, I know there are some good kids out there, I just don't have contact with any and am losing hope in the future of the human race. Who would have thought mankind could lose his only race in which he is the only competitor?

From a law enforcement point of view;

yeah, okay, your right, your right. Kids have changed in the majority since. I know that my view can be tainted because I deal with THOSE kind of kids on a daily basis. They do things you would not believe. Hey at 12, sex drugs and rock & roll. The criminal destruction is unreal. They do not respect other people's property. Ack, and after you talk to the parents you understand why.

However,

Let's not forget the others, like lil and my kids. I am a strict parent, but my kids respect others. Power to the good kids and the parents that work hard. Strength lil.

Do call law enforcement. What I have found is that after a fine or two the parents start to make their kids behave a little because they can't afford to pay anymore. Good Luck with these kids. Some can be very difficult.

Be nice if everyone followed the golden rule. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Seems like some folks just like to use first three words. I had a bonsai collection destryed one year. Nothing in pots goes out front now.

Break into a house? Matti I think that is a bit off the wall....then you'd never see your plants again for breaking and entering.

I would suggest sitting inside your house with the window or door open and shoot them with a pellet gun from there, if you position yourself properly no one will ever see you.
Then sit and wait for their parents.
wink.gif

Trust me the fak cam thing well work it has scared a lot of dumb kids that tryed to steal my nep's when I had them on my porch. Buy a fake cam they are like 15-20 bucks and you won't get into trouble from there parents becuase you shot them.
biggrin.gif

Pryo, I am sorry to hear about that.

I can tell you what protects me from punks... being on the second story...

and the fact that every little runt in the complex is scared of me... can't imagine why...

Hmmm

6'5" w/ a goatee, weigh 300 (Can almost bench it) and generally enforce the order of the complex by scowling nastily at any kids misbehaving (riding the gates as they open and close, diggin up the complex flower beds). I love well behaved kids, but they seem to be an endangered species.

A few months ago, I was sick, and studying for a test, my wife was out. I was in a cranky mood and had just got out of the shower and slid some boxers on when I walked out of the bathrrom (naked except for the boxers) and there is this mortified 5 year old little girl standing in my hallway!

I had left the door unlocked, (because Jenn always comes back from shopping with to much stuff to get her keys and unlock it) and this little girls family had just moved in on the floor above, she thought she was on her floor, and just traipsed right in, and apparently, stood there trying to figure out why all the furniture was changed! LOL. I said "Who are You?" And she screamed and ran out of the house. I follwed her out the door and watched her run up stairs. After getting dressed, I went upstairs and talked to her parents to make sure they knew I wasn't some perv talking to their daughter in shorts...

any how, not only did the little girl cower in her room, I think even her parents were terrified of me... I am huge, but generally sweet natured...

ahh welll.. .Pyro, I say tell the cops about what happened, say you overheard some kids talking about growing pot, put two and two together, and maybe the police will come around the neighborhood more, and scare the little buggers..

Travis,

Oh I blame the kids and the parents don't get me wrong. Unfortunatly I don't know where the parents are so can't go and talk to them. Not that that would do any good mind you, a neighbor got his car trashed by this same group and one of the parents came and yelled at him for discussing the destruction with the kid.

Schloaty,

Talk is worthless wioth these kids, I have tried. Every time they are around my apartment I kindly ask them to not be there and not throw rocks into my A/C unit and not peak in my windows.

Copper,

Law enforcement is worthless as well, I have reported the kids and their reply was 1) What would you like up to do about it, they are not our kids and 2) We would actually have to catch them in the act and we can't waste an officer to stand watch over your place.

What I really need is a moat with sharks in it.
alien.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">....it worked! I became their cool neighbor, so they repect my property because the LIKE me.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well, Pyro, it seems I spoke too soon....
Yesterday my wife and I spent HOURS on our little patch of garden. As I was returning from dumping the last garbage bag full of debris in the dumpster, I saw one of the kids from the complex run RIGHT THROUGH MY GARDEN. The %^$# kid stomped right on two of my lily bulbs!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Now, in the case of this kid, it wasn't malicious (so I didn't drop kick him over the cliff), just a case of not thinking. Never the less, it really peeved me off. Luckily, I caught him red-handed, so I really let him have it with the guilt thing. Almost made him cry (but not quite). Doubt he'll do that again.
smile.gif

Back