What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people have Oreophyllia.

• Thread starter Tristan
  • Start date
Hi, this is my first post! It is possible to send Sarracenia oreophila with import/export  permits provided that you can prove to the authorities that the plants are not field collected and are artificially propagated. I am importing plants from the USA into the UK (not oreophila!) and it IS easy to get an import permit over here, but the FW is extremely slow for my contact in the USA.

Best Regards

Mike

Wow Richard, you ARE lucky! *jealous*

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! You'll love this place; I do so far.
smile.gif

Thanks Havron!
Hey Mike! Great to see you here!
Mike has THE most unbelievable collection of sarracenia's you could ever hope to see! (I get most of my plants from him!)

Hi Richard!
Thanks for coming over yesterday, you were right about this forum, there is a lot to explore!

Hey all, just wanted to pop in and say I have a baby oreo... it's about 3 years old I think... (Don't know what it's age was before I got it... )

Came out of dormancy a few weeks ago, should start going any day now...

someday, when it is much larger I will gladly make cuttings and share the wealth.

Until then... Nah nah nah nah nah.....
smile.gif

Ram! That's isn't making my head feel any better! OK! Wait! I can slam something back! I have a 4 inch diameter N.Rajah HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :biggrin:

that would bug me if I had a desire to grow rajah, but I don't! I think there are far more attractive plants to grow that I don't have to get all lathered up with technology to cool off every night!

If I ever decide to start growing highlands, then I will probably get a rajah just so I can say "I have a rajah" but other than that... no biggie... pretty it is... not the prettiest by far though!

(Certainly not as pretty as an oreo!
smile.gif
<snicker snicker> (Ram_Puppy prods NG with a stick)

Hmm...........I need something more to prod at you! Hmm............. how about............. A large Truncata? No, Ohh! I know! You guys will probably kick me for this. I am going this summer with my Aunt to go see Michael Catlani in PERSON at his greenhouse in Cordova Tennessee!!!! You guys know him right!? That'll be one helluva treat for me!

Could it be possible to slip some seeds in under the holdy upy part of a ring box? Would it not be just as easy to send seeds of another endangered species in return for the first, in the same manner???

OOOORRR... would it be possible to get them from the seed bank... ICPS??? Twenty dollar seeds. PHHHT!!! I say go for flava... its just as pretty... Am i right?

Oh... now i want an oreophillia... snivle...

Parasuco,

I really don't think it has to be all that complicated. You just need to find some nice generous soul who likes to help others out.

Pyro

Yeah but the nice generous soul needs to have S.Oreophila in posession to help you out.
smile.gif
And I don't have that kind of luck, I just find very nice people but have no Oreophila.
sad.gif

Well there are a whole bunch of people from this post who you now know have oreos and I would guess that at least 1 of them is nice and generous.
smile.gif

And you can also try the listserv, nice people can be found there too

Pyro

I'm gonna be a nice person once my plants decide to do somthing... I've had my VFTs for a month and a week, and i've not yet succesfully fed it! Bah, oh well...

I'll be nice... when the time comes!!!

Parasuco,

That is a wonderful thing to hear and probably the best decision you could ever make. Being nice and generous get you really far and makes you lots of friends. And, as Tamlin has told me many times, your kindness always finds a way to come back on you
smile.gif

Pyro

Parasuco,

That is a wonderful thing to hear and probably the best decision you could ever make. Being nice and generous get you really far and makes you lots of friends. And, as Tamlin has told me many times, your kindness always finds a way to come back on you
smile.gif

Pyro

Back