Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Pic

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Well, yes. When I said It was completely digested in five seconds, I meant everything BUT the exoskeleton.
    PlantsLikeBugs, I am not pulling y'all's legs, I'm telling perfect truth: The grass spider drowned in the digestive fluid, then, literally, all that was digestible of the spidey was digested in a matter of five, count 'em, 5, seconds.
    And yes you are right, people can not digest food that fast. But that is because we have much more complex digestive processes and our digestive juices do not work quite as fast. And we have several different digestive juices for several different jobs, in several different places, like our mouths, our gallbladers, our stomachs, and our livers. Each Carnivourus Plant has only one digestive juice, one place of digestion, and one process of digestion. So therefore, Carnivourus Plants do not take near as long to digest food items as we do.

Thank you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the acid(more like enzymes) were that strong growing these plants would be illegal and dangerous. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Flytrapgurl,
    I am sorry, you must be mistaken.There is no way the plant would digest the prey in 5 seconds, even Nepenthes would need 2 days to digest prey of that size or more. Sarracenias produce more than 1 type of digestive enzyme and together with bacterial activity in your plant, complete digestion would be longer than 1 week, if not longer.
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Then can you explain how/why mine digested it in five seconds? I saw mine digest it in five seconds. I could not believe it either but I saw it happen. I can not be mistaken if I saw it happen with my own eyes. I am not lieing. I am taking no drugs and I do not drink. If I saw it happen, then how can you say that it did not?
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Tristan @ June 23 2002,12:12)
    If the acid(more like enzymes) were that strong growing these plants would be illegal and dangerous. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    That

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I saw it happen! How can you deny what I say? When somebody sees something happen, then you know it happened! I can't believe noone will believe me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the spider crawled out while you wernt looking. it brobly had a web attached to the pitcher and when you knocked it in the fluid, it just climbed back up the web and out it went. some spiders actually live inside the pitchers and can climb the walls of the pitcher using web. they take advantage of the pitcher and get easy prey that way.
    through understanding of our differences, we will find respect for one another. we are all flesh and blood. i am not affraid to speak my mind. no matter the consequences, stay true to yourself. through the humble eyes of a child, we will realize true equality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far iron monkeys explanation is great
    especially since flytrapgurl is so sick of spiders as she said earlier, she probablhy blinked or something and the spider jumped out

9. Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast