What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia identification quiz #2

Alright since my last identification quiz had a lot of responses, I have decided to post two more quizes.

The first new quiz is for this plant. The bottom left new leaf is about 8 cm/3 inches in height.

S.MysteryPlantA1.jpg

S.MysteryPlantA2.jpg

S.MysteryPlantA3.jpg

S.MysteryPlantA4.jpg

What is the species of this plant?

looks like a s. alabanensis but im not sure,
                     Kevin

Similar to my response in Quiz 3, this is a species, not a hybrid. Keep guessing people. I'll put up the answer in a few days.

Well I guessed it had rubra in it! I'm not too hot on rubra identification - I'm waiting for an alabamensis to arrive and then I've got to collect the other four
smile.gif

Too bad your S. alabamensis hasn't arrived yet, as this plant is of the same species. It is from Location 003.

My alabamensis seems to have a larger hood, and less red coloration
confused.gif
. Are you sure it's S. ruba ssp. alabamensis?

it is obviously a young plant and not typical shape.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My alabamensis seems to have a larger hood, and less red coloration
confused.gif
. Are you sure it's S. ruba ssp. alabamensis?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

nathaniel,

Yes, I'm sure it's a S. alabamensis. I got it at the UC Davis plant sale which was in part managed by Barry A. Rice.

Back