What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this pitcher de...ad???

Here:
10501298-8562-028001E0-.jpg

If it is dead, what should I do about it? Also why is it red? all the other pitchers are Green (still a bit red however) If you have seen my earlier posts of pictures.

Purpurea pitchers usually get redder with age, so it's a sign that it is old. Yes it is starting to brown and die away but you must understand that the pitchers do have a limited life span and do not last forever. New pitchers should replace old ones at about the same rate so you will have almost the same amount of pitchers almost all the time. (except during dormancy of course)

A lot of topics these days are about a trap or pitcher dying.
confused.gif

I would personally leave it alone as the rest of the pitcher is still alive. This way it can finish digesting any meals it has left in the pitcher. You can trim away any brown if you want though.

Ok thats cool. Mike told me to cut the brown bits off.
But its all good seeing as I have 7 new pitchers grwoing aroound the base of the plant. ( Crown I think? {beginner})

Back