User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ant problem in house are sarracenias the answer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Right now my house has come under infestation of ants [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] what i need to now is will my sac be able to survive if i put him in a peble tray on a counter with household humidity? i live in MI so it gets pretty humid but am i safe taking it out of the confort of its bog? please let me know aswell if any other Cps can help
    I can stop growing CPs anytime I want!! Can I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sarrecenia do okay in pots on the windowsill. It may take a while to adjust to the new conditions, though. I don't know how well they'll work on the ants, but it can't hurt to try!
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neps and Sarrs do a great job with ants. However, there came a time when the tables were turned - one of my S.x courtii seemed to be doing very badly, and after removing the plant from the pot I saw the root of the problem, literally. The ants had decided that Sarr roots made great homes, and may have been disturbing the plant. No such problems for the really good ant-catchers though, like S.rubra ssp. gulfensis and S.leucophylla.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experiences, if you want to get rid of ants fast, buy some of those ant killer baits. They're little plastic square things with some poison inside. Just put a few outside your house, near where they come in. They should be gone in no time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the good ideas, i'll try 'em
    I can stop growing CPs anytime I want!! Can I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

E-gad....just thought of something....Don't do both! If you do, your plants might end up eating poisoned ants....don't know what that might do to them. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Just a paniced, paranoid notion of mine.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another suggestion would be to get a sundew fer those ants! My brilliant mind thought of this because, if you think about it, the chance that the sundew will catch the ants is much higher than if you used a pitcher plant. Because, with a pitcher plant, the ants have the choice of crawling all over the plant and never entering the pitchers instead of entering the pitchers and drowning, while, with a sundew, all the ants have to do is touch the plant and voila! Stuck and being eaten! In turn, there is only a 33.3% chance that the pitcher plant will catch the ants, while there is a 50% chance that the sundew will catch the ants. Did all that make sense You're probably all staring at me like ''Whaa?''

Hope all my intelligent talk helps,
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] FTG the mastermind
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ORR you could use sticky paper stuff.

flytrapgirl: have you ever taken a dew or a sarr and put them in the middle of a BIG ant hill? all the ants SWARM around them. its really cool. afterwards the pitchers arre really full and your new is black. its really neat to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast