What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Cephalotus

I received my first Cephalotus yesterday. Man that thing is tiny. Anyway, I've read the Cephalotus chapter in The Savage Garden, I was just wondering if people who successfully grow them have any other hints, tricks, tips for me.

Do they do well in a high humidity terrarium?

Thanks.
D. Buck.

High humidity terrarium= great
Never really heard of of much CP who don't appreciate humidity.
smile.gif

The only time I have ever grown this plant was when I got a really small sprouted leaf cutting for free and it grew just floating on water for months. One day it dissapeared...
I heard that these plants appreciate deep pots because they have long tap roots.

UPDATE
It was on water because it wasn't established yet, just a cutting that started growing slightly.. Don't grow plants in just water.

(Edited by Statik2426 at 10:59 am on May 27, 2002)

Cephs grow well in high humidity terrariums. Grow them like highland nepenthes except with more light. They appreciated temps below 85F in the day and around 60F or so at night. Keep the soil damp and do not stand the pot in water. The soil mix can be peat:sand 1:1, peat:sand:perlite 1:1:1 etc. Try this website for more info:
HTTP://www.cephalotus.info/index.html

are cephalotus hard to take care of or easy.

(Edited by tuyen thi at 1:10 am on May 29, 2002)

Back