Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. Californica in Pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, good point but remember you just took your plants out of the fridge so they've been in the dark for 6 months. I've never tried this technique but I know someone who does use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I could try combining the reverse growing season and then bring them out the terrarium which I keep at a pretty long photoperiod in winter. That might be enuf to keep them growing all winter. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another Virginian here??!! Well how 'bout that! Gafoto, where do you live?? I live in Richmond, but I am from southwestern VA originally. Cool!

As for the cobra, I never had success with them but that was also in my earlier CP growing times. My understanding is cool temps/roots is the key as they grow naturally at higher elevations. It might get too warm in your bog for them, but I'm no expert. It can get so hot in VA. I might attempt a cobra again at some point but not 'til I feel more equipped to provide its proper environment.

Welcome to the forums!

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suzanne, I live in Bedford (prbly can't see it on the map) which is nestled right in between Roanoke and Lynchburg (which I visit pretty often). I have only found two places to directly buy plants from (botanique and dangerous plants) I would love to know about any places you know! :biggrin:

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gafoto

Well, I buy most of my plants from here. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] But Botanique has come here in the past to a plant sale held at the Botanical Gardens every spring. Unfortunately, they didn't come this year. Last year I bought a Red Dragon VFT but it died. I was hoping they would come because they have an all white passiflora incarnata (possibly its a 'Constance Elliot') but I guess I'll have to order it.

Locally there are a few CPs sold at a local greenhouse plus the usual plastic pots sold at Lowes and Home Depot.

I've never been to Bedford but of course I've heard of it. I'm originally from South Boston...my mother shops in Lynchburg all the time. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Well I'm glad there is another Virginian here! I don't feel nearly so alone!

Suzanne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12