User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My minors' pitchers are rotting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry at all! It happens sometimes, but even if every plant pitcher is full, usually only one or two starts to grow brown. A pitcher can also survive happily with the upper and lower parts green but the middle brown. Maybe some more air circulation would help to prevent severe digestive burning.
    Oh, and you won't see the pitchers produce digestive enzymes because they don't secrete any until they start catching insects. You also won't be able to see the liquid because the insects are in the way.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Alvin Meister @ July 29 2003,4:15)
    Oh, and you won't see the pitchers produce digestive enzymes because they don't secrete any until they start catching insects.[/QUOTE]
    ***stares blankly at Alvin*** Uhhhhhh... I know that LOL [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] Also, after they got to where I was staying in NC, there wasn't a time when they weren't catching insects already... by the dozen. But even when it started out with only two little flies in one pitcher (and I had a clear veiw of the whole inner pitcher), struggling endlessly for two days, I still saw no juice. Could it be that, since they was obviously not catching much at NCBG, since there was nothing in the pitchers when I bought them, they weren't used to catching alot of bugs, so they weren't used to secreting juice? Nah.. that can't be it... they're ''programmed'' (I... guess you could call it that) to secrete juice... aw heck I don't know.

Greetings,
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The juice will be there somewhere at the bottom of the pile of insects! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know that. What I mean is, it seems like I would've been able to see the juice weeks ago when there were only two flies in one pitcher. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

5. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12