0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my darlngtonia is sending up flower stalks, so ill have seeds soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine died because it didn't have a root system on it even though there were 5-6 pitchers on the plant. :confused:

Great pics, unknownclown and arie!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Donnie Fischer
    I love these things! But alas, I have bought one from Lowe's (I know, i know...) and it's not doing too well. It came in one of those little terrarium things, but all the instructions I've heard says it will get big and that it's root system needs to be flushed everyday with cool or cold water. So I gently removed it (the entire mix) and put it into a pot that would allow water to drain out o fit. It had a pretty new shoot on it... but hours after being in the pot, the new shoot wilted and hasn't gotten any better. I assume it's from humidity differences, but I have no way to produce that kind of an environment in this pot. So is this a temporary effect until it "gets used" to the current environment or what? I've heard that they don't require very high humidity, just cool root systems... any body got any ideas?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the bottom of a two litre pop bottle (you can use smaller if you WANT...) and put it over the plant as a humidome... It comes with its own adjustment valve aswell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donnie,
    about the sad cobra, I got a cobra last year and it didn't do anything all season, just little sad leaves. I stuck with it though and this year it's looking great. I think it just needed to adjust to it's new pot, environment and carer!
    probably a good idea to put on the pop bottle though, and let it adjust to the new humidity conditions gradually

Good luck

Donnie Fischer
    Oh thanks everyone! What a neat idea! I never even thought of that... I'll give it a try and see what happens. This is the most fascinating plant I have. I love my VFT (which I rescued from WalMart last year...) and I also have a small Nep that I'M still getting used to, but the Cobra is my favorite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donnie,

First off I would like to welcome you the discussion forums.

The same thing had happened to me. It had a great big pitcher within the conntainer. Then lifting up the lid and within 15 minutes the pitcher wilted. It's so sad to see that happened.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Donnie

Welcome! You need to get a sundew...you might have a new favorite. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Suzanne

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast