User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cobra bite

I REALLY suck at growing darlingtonia. Every one I've ever had died within a month. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh!!!! My rabbits chewed off the "heads" of that bottom cobra pic I posted [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arg! That happened to me too! Look at this wild bunny - it's a cute, innocent- looking descendent of the bunny that did it.

[img]http://home.**********.com/wickedthistle/bunny.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eeeeeeeeeheeheeheeeeeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ur having problems with ur Darlingtonia try growing them in a terrarium. In my giant terrarium I am having wild success! I just bought two half-dead specimens to revive. I'll keep you updated. I dread the day when they don't fit in the terrarium (don't grow too well guys!)...

jgreen1025
    I rescued a Cobra from Lowe's earlier this Spring and it's doing great under flourescent lights. I potted it in a large plastic pot with long-fiber sphagnum. Every few days or once a week I flush the pot with rain water and let it completely drain out. The only problem is that I've had to keep a bag over the top or it wilts (like several others mentioned) but I imagine it could be weaned off the high humidity with some patience. Maybe the soda bottle idea would work for that as you could keep cutting holes in the top?!? But I think the key is the sphagnum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick qestion, I leave my cobra's sitting in water, is this wrong? I always get Sarras amd Cobras watering systems mixed up. One of them shouldn't be watered from above right? Wich is it???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's a section of the Pacific Crest Trail after Castle Crags State Park in northern California where there's a whole lot of Darlingtonia growing along little creeklets and springs! Especially around White Ridge. We hiked through there around the end of July a couple years ago.

So beautiful! So many of them too! Apparently they really like ultrimafic/serpentine soils and rocks which originally formed under an ocean, which is why they grow in that particular location. Anyways, if you're up for a dayhike. check them out! If you want more specific details as to exactly where let me know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast