Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Cephalotus follicularis "myth or reality"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Dear Gentlemen:

It is a pleasure to be part of this forum. I would like to start by asking about anybody's experience growing Cephalotus follicularis giant forms. I mean giant forms, because there are currently two available. One is the hummer's giant ( a cultivar name approved by ICPS and the other is more obscure, but nevertheless belongs to another variety of the giant Cephalotus brought to Germany in the early 80's.
    I am doing a comparison study between the two forms. Luckily I have contacted two experts in the field who are willing to help me.

Any input regarding this topic will be appreciated

Agustin

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Agustin

I wanted to welcome you to the forums. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Good to have you aboard. I'm sorry I can't help you with your question...I just have a little baby ceph so I am a beginner with these. But hopefully someone here can provide some information for you.

Happy growing!

"Gentleman" Suzanne [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Suzanne: I forgot to mention the word "Ladies" as well.

Agustin Franco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some thaught about "Hummer's Giant". I have (had..,intense heat kinda killed the crown, hoping roots will pop up another plant; killed alot more plants in my collection also) a rather decent sized cephalotus I acquired 3 years ago. I had pitchers around 1inch large, yet hasn't flowered yet. I have seen "Hummer's Giant" sending up stalks, with about the same size pitchers, or just barely alittle larger.

As for giants, I have yet to see one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hope this helps my man-Zach

Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Message for Zach:

Well Zach, just putting the plant and hoping to be giant is not the answer to my query. In some cases extra care is needed such as growing under special lights. etc. and etc.

You would like to see a hummer's giant?. Well , I'll send you a picture from Jeff Mathesson [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Agustin Franco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (agustinfranco @ April 13 2003,04:51)
    You would like to see a hummer's giant?. Well , I'll send you a picture from Jeff Mathesson [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img][/QUOTE]
    Oooohh! Could you send me one too please? It would be much appreciated! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---

I'm not active on this forum anymore but please check me out on the CPUK Forum - My username there is lil_flytrap_kid

Thanks =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear lil fly trap boy:

On second thought, I am not allowed to do so, because these are not my pictures. I will have to ask the rightful owner if he lets me do so. sorry about that. Hopefully, I will show you my plants once I get a digital camera. so you can keep anything you like.

If you want interesting pictures about cp's there are a couple of sites you can look at. Let me know if you want to see them.

Agustin Franco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both, and my giant has not reached the size of some of my "normal" cephs(I have two inch pitchers easily-nice and maroon, too).

regards,

Joe

9. Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast