What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oreo

RamPuppy

hey all, just wanted to drop a line and let you know my oreo put up it's first real pitcher for the year this weekend.. popped up like a friggin mushroom cause I didn't even see it till it was done.

My purps are building pitchers 2 at a time right now, and should have a fair size to them by mid spring. Lucy and Mardi Gras appear as if they are getting ready to stop putting up phyllodia and start producing some real pitchers. can't wait.

Diet so far this year for all my pitchers appears to be (all self caught)

gnats, a couple flies, 1 beetle, and a family of wasps. (I found the wasp nest behind another plant this morning. I am thinking about feeding the plants the larvae.) But that is not really offering a fighting chance now is it. But I also think Mom and dad are snacks... so... hehhh...

I'll keep you up to date... perhaps some pictures tonight.

This is what my oreophila looked like about a week ago:

oreophilabloom1.jpg

mine has not sent up a flower stalk, perhaps it is to young or my conditions are not right...

Back