Thread: getting daring...

Austin, TX
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,
    * As I am more versed in other areas of CPs, I thought I'd run this idea by you all. *What I want to do, is create a little mini potted bog. *I have a window box that is about 1.5+ feet by .5+ feet.

I was hoping to add a whole bunch of temperate CPs to it, and turn it into a mini-CP bog. *Here is the list I was considering:

1 Green Dragon
    1 Sar. Judith (from PTF)
    1 Sar Leuc (from PTF)
    1 Sar Leuc (Mature, not from PFT)
    1 Sar atlata (young, from Lowe's)
    1 Sar. purpea.(young, from Lowe's)

now that I look at it, it does seem that this could get crowded [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] *On that note though, how do these plants handle the crowding? *Pictures I see of wild CPs look rather crowded.

I was wondering if anyone here has had experience doing this, and have any advice. *The window box is non-draining, but I thought I might add a layer of perlite at the bottom to facilitate air circulation and prevent rot.

I'll be growing these outdoors in Austin, TX. *Temps range from high 70s to mid 90s. *Humidity is good too(40-60%). *I have been growing a Nep. Coccinea outdoors all summer, and it is thriving.

I am just seeking some advice from others who might have attempted this before.

San Antonio, Texas; USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

I live just south of you, it's hotter, and not quite as humid.

I have a 36" planter with the following in it:

about 20 flytraps (Various)
    1 S. Lucophylla
    1 S. Orophylla
    1 S. Mardi Gras

3 S. Purperas

and I have room for another 20 flytraps...

\"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey