What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia oreophila

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Does anyone know of a US source for Sarracenia oreophila? I am interested in getting one, but cannot find a US nursery with the plant.

Thanks,

Nick

It's on the endangered species list, which is why you are having such a hard time finding a source for it. Your best bet is to ask someone personally if they have a plant or some seeds they'd be willing to give you for free. As I understand the law, it's only legal to sell the plant within a state's boundaries (i.e. no shipping between state lines). There's also something in the law about it being legal to send the plant as a gift. But then again, I'm not 100% familiar with the laws governing that species.

You can send the plant to someone across state lines as a gift and you are safe. Ditto for seeds. Trade and sale are not allowed, without permit, unless it is within the state.

I received my Oreophila as a gift. I finnallygot one, you may think you'll never get one (like I thought before) but hey look what happened! Just ask around, ask never hurt anybody. That's what I did and next thing I new right after I asked I had an Oreophila in my hands.

I know! And I got Alabamensis too the same day as well as an S.Minor Okee Giant and they were all free!
smile.gif

Back