Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot growing helis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, heterodoxa X minor seems very easy and can take some heat in my expeiernce. I have one very nice plant that sometimes gets temps up in the 80F's. I have a few to trade if you would like....

Goood luck-Zach
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I also have grown a heli. minor on the windowsill since I got it, and it was the second cp I ever had! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, which helia, Heliamphora heterodoxa or Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor, is more adaptable to higher temps? I'm thinking of getting one of these. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with Het X Minor, it may have more of the 'hybrid vigor'. It is also easier to find.

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my birthday, my wife Michelle got me a large H. nutans growing in shredded pure cyress mulch inside a glass dome. It has produced a number of traps since I got it, growing on a table next to a south facing window. Its bright, the temps can get up over 80 F during the afternoon, but the AC keeps night temps in the low seventies. Constant high humidity seems to be the key factor. The plant is thriving and looks great! It's the only Heliamphora we have (at this time).

Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got a heliamphora heterodoxa x minor for some time ago . i keep it outdoors in my small greenhouse with all my neps , mostly lowland . its experiances 100 degrees sometimes and still survives during the whole summer , its grows slow though . its in dhade , the humidity can get real high and stagenet sometiems and sometimes low and dry . my experiances , its quies a small chellenge to grow but as long as you can get your plant to accept soem small extremes then it will be ok . if you would like to know a place to get a good quality heliamphora and a very cheap price , then pm me .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked at pics of both the heterodoxa and heterodoxa x minor. I can't seem to find any differences btw them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Is there a noticeable difference in terms of size or colouration?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I'm glad this post is around. I've been wanting a Heterodoxa X Minor for a while but was unsure whether it could survive in Sourthern California, it can get as high as 90 F here in the summer, nights always seem to be cool though. I think I will give a Heli hybrid a try next spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12