What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures - heliamphora

Hi,
Im currently working on a website devoted to carnivorous plants. My goal is to eventually have a picture of every species, I think that we could all benifit from a site like this and that is why I decided to start working on one.

Im trying to do this systematically, so right now Im looking for pictures of Heliamphora sp. I already have, H. heterodoxia, H. minor, H. nutans, and H. tatei.

Has anyone taken any pictures of other species or hybrids that they would be willing to allow me to use on my website?
I will give full credit to anyone that provides pictures.

My website is www.cp-place.com

Thanks in advance

Bryant

Here is a photo I took of Tony Paroubek's H. ionassi's. Give the plant credit to Tony and the photography credit to me to be correct. Use any or both pictures if you like.

ionassi1.JPG

ionassi2.JPG

Thanks!
Ive been looking at that over the past week or so and sent some emails requesting permission to use photos, but I have recieve little or no response  
sad.gif

Bryant,

I have a few heterodoxa x minor shots on my home computer. I'll send the to you and you can do with them what you like
smile.gif

Dustin,
Thanks for posting these pics - that is one beautiful H.ionassi!
What part of the world is Tony in?
Matt

Matt

Tony is in upstate NY
smile.gif

SundewMatt, yeah Tony's right up smack dab near me. I regularly visit him and always bring the digital camera.
wink.gif

You're lucky to have such a nice and accessible collection nearby! I looked on Tony's web page but didn't notice anything about how he is growing his plants - did I miss something or does he need to show us his greenhouse?
smile.gif

Matt

I have a digital photo of his greenhouse and I belive it is OK with Tony to post it as I have before on various topics.

Tony's%20gh%20January%2003.JPG

Tony's greenhouse January 2003

Wow, that is quite a well organized collection. Someone is quite anal retentive! (This is a complement)
smile.gif

Got any more pics?

Actually it is not that well organized as it is a constant battle with plants coming in and out and the neverending repotting!

The culture areas on the website do need some work.. one of these days... I try not to get into very specific details simply because everyones growing environment is different and what works well for me might not work for many other growers. It is also an ongoing learning process for me. I am always tinkering and trying new things. In my book it is always possible to grow the plants just a little bit better. It is just a matter of figuring out how to do it. But if you do have any specific questions I will try and answer them.

Tony

Back