Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might buy a bareroot Cephalotus,does anybody else grow these?I kinda want to get one in pot,but only 1 of my sources has them,if anyone was giving or selling one I'd be pleased to hear about it.thanks a bunch! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Cheers,
    ~~~~aea3~~~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can hook you up with a potted cephalotus, email or message me. Thanks
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Have fun growing it! It is an awsome plant!!
    Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun but sloooooow. Got some crowns growing, seems fast enough, but pitcher development takes forever.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, mine seemed to take six months just to settle in...

I have never had it happen to me, but many growers report a mysterious 'death' of their plants even when it's set up in a good enviornment...

if this happens with your new plant, don't sweat it, keep the pot around, many many times the plant comes back.

keepem in a deep pot, the suckers have HUGE tap roots.

Ceph88,

I have been thinking of growing a ceph I am aquiring from my brother-in-law outside on my deck... you know my south texas conditions... what do you think?

We get a 10 to 15 degree temperature drop between day and nigth, average summer temps are in the mid to high 90's... humidity is around 60% for the most part right now...
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exact same conditions with me RamPuppy. I live in Lubbock, Texas and it is the exact same here. What I usually do for my Cobra Lily and VFTs and Pitchers is I let them get full sun in morning light then I bring them in when it gets hot. I put them in a terrarium where I just set them under grow lights. Then I let them get some settting sun light which doesn't hurt them. They do fine. But would the conditions be ok for a Cephalotus.

The bad thing is I don't know of anywhere where I could get one. It would be even more rare if I could find one planted in a pot.

Does anyone know a good place to buy a Ceph? A place that will ship to AK would be great [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any problem shipping to Alaska. I can ship in pot also for small orders. Just hit the homepage button at the bottom of this post. The online pricelist link from there will take you to everything I have available (yes Cephalotus).
    Tony

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast