What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph Watering

I have read many conflicting information in regards to watering cephs. So I put the question to the growing experts
smile.gif
you guys !!!. Do you water from the top or use the tray method?

I use the tray method, but for my Ceph I allow the water to completely evaporate from the tray before I refill it again.

I use a very shallow tray method, 1/8" deep or less occasionaly allowing it to dry most of the way out, I also mist my plants twice daily, wetting them thoroughly.

Yeah, I keep mine covered with plastic to keep the humidity high.

I grow them just like Sarracenia, but in a very deep pot. lots of water, full sun = good colour

i did a recent experi ment over 1 year about the watering of cephs. I have a small pair in a 4inch pot and i water it from the top, like a nep, about once every two days. My other ceph potted in a 4inch pot, was watered via trat method. i waited about 1 week after the water evaporated to water again. They are both in a potted terrarium, so i guess humidty kept them watered. my 2centz

So...what are the results of your experiment??

RESULT: all my plants are happy as clams, and producing new and larger leaves like that! I guess all that is that ceph's like lower water levels.

Back