What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slugs!

mad.gif
I HATE SLUGS - I AM SO  
mad.gif
MAD
mad.gif
 - I was jus ckecking up on my sarracenia and I found that one had been completaly demolished (Eaten) It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying!!! How on earth did it happen! It's already started to eat another one - I'M JUST SO MAD
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

P.s Now that I have let it out of my system I feel much better - Thanks!
biggrin.gif
lol

Scrape them off if you find some and cover them in salt they will die slowly
muhahahahahahahahaha

Awwwwwww...don't do that!
sad.gif
You can get slug bait which is very effective. I would like to think its a quicker death.

Remember...you might come back in another life as a slug and then you'd have a different slant on salt.
wink.gif

LOL PlantAKiss! Yeah I will scrape 'em off if I see one!
biggrin.gif

From a Human to a Slug...eeeh what punishment
tounge.gif
lol.

put a ring of salt around each pot, its like a barrier to slugs

If you put just a little bit of slug bait in each pot; I can promise that in less than three days you will be slug free from those specific one and others that get to close.  ( I must warn you; there will be great blobs of slime from where the slugs have dissolved.)

P.S.  My mom (aka the Slug Hunter)  Before she put her slug bait down she went through the yard with the ( Plantakiss don't read further than this
tounge.gif
) salt shaker and in two days salted over 300 slugs, I promise.

Yo, in places in my gardens where children or pets can't walk into I like to put broken glass, kinda like a mulch type thing. I find it's very effective in keeping snails and slugs away from my plants. An added benefit is that it's keeps a lot of glass out of landfills! (Recycle, Reduce, Reuse)

Take a 2 Ltr pop bottle and cut off the top just were the curve straightens out. Put a bit of slug bait in the bottom of the bottle, invert the top (looks like a funnel) and staple it inside the bottom. This will create a trap that is easy for the slugs to get into but hard for them to get out.

If my instructions are hard to follow, I can make up a sample bottle.

Oh, and if the slugs are small enough, flytraps love them.

Did you know that the slime that a slug produces is such an effective lubricant that a slug can actually crawl over a razor blade and not be cut.

What kind of slugs? The nice fat round ones...or the small scrawny ones? if i found one i would boil it and eat it..you never know might be tasty....
Bubblegirl

Another method to consider: put out a shallow dish near your plants before you go to bed, and fill it with beer. Check in the morning and count the dead slugs.

Beer whats the beer going to do?
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bubblegirl @ July 06 2003,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beer whats the beer going to do?
confused.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
After a couple laps around the beer dish they forget to go after the plants..  
biggrin.gif
  lmao sorry.. I couldn't resist that one
wink.gif

Steve

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bubblegirl @ July 05 2003,9:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beer whats the beer going to do?
confused.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
They looooovve beer!
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
!   They love it so much they fall in & drown
tounge.gif

Lol......i didnt know beer was so effective to flies. lol. i guess you learn something new everyday
tounge.gif
. lol.....
*Bubblegirl*

Back