What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarrs just arrived

My three sarrs that I ordered just arrived today. I went to Lowes, bought some peat, perlite and a large plastic pot. I made a 50:50 mixture, approx. I saturated the mix with RO water and mixed it thoroughly. Then I planted the rhizomes with the crown about 1/2 inch above the surface of the soil. I've never done this before and I was just wondering if everything I did is up to par for the plants. Also the water tray that came with the pot was a little small. For now I have the pot sitting in a styrofoam container. It is a bit unsightly but I think it may be benificial later on this summer when the temp gets to 100 F or so. If I screwed something up, please let me know.
Thanks,
Buckmaster

That sound fine Buckmaster! You did very well as far as of the sounds of it. Great job and kep up the good work pal! Happy Growing! Nep.G.

I think all you do now is keep them wet and watch them grow.

Thanks guys. I thought I did everything correctly. Just wanted to make sure.
Buckmaster

Back