Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Darlingtonia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I just purchased Cobra's in april with 7 to 8" pitchers. old growth from last year. I had also built a terrerium and removed all the heads right down to the roots. I potted them up with a mixture of peat and perlite mix and planted them in a flower box style 32" long plastic container. the humidity is high as I have a gauge and the soil stays at around 70-74
    droping to 68 at night. I have the terr. set up in the basement so it is the coolest part of the house. out of the 3 that I had bought 1 is starting to grow pitchers after about a month of being planted. The other two just kind of browned up a bit were the pitchers were cut off from last year's growth and no new pitchers yet. I use a metal hailide light and the air circ. is great as well as the temp. never higher than 74. let me mention that when I bought them in april they looked great but I had to store them in plastic bags with the leaves removed and wraped in live damp spagnum moss untill my terr. was ready. I currently uprooted one to see if the roots have rotted but they still seem strong and not mushy when gently squizzed with too fingers. So I put it back in.

Can anyone let me know what is up and what I can do to save them? or are they going to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I just dug one up and I was splitting the roots open and found some sort of worm in there so I threw the two that were not growing out.

andrew m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that stinks...Sorry to hear it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Let me know if you find out a way to get rid of them. I have darlings, and just in case they get infected, it would be good to know!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!