What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I couldn't help my self honestly!

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hello
smile.gif

Yesterday I had to waste some time so I went to the local nursery which has a very nice cp display well the cobra lillies had bloomed and were now all dry so well I did a little shop lifting
wow.gif
lord knows they would just cut it off for being ugly and throw them away or who knows so I dont feel badly but I have 2 seed pods which are all dried up and Im curious what I do next.

(sigh) You oughta know that even if you did do it, you shouldn't TELL everyone! Anyhow, I believe that if the plants die they can return them to the nursery to get a refund.

Then again, now that you have them, enjoy them. You can give them names like "stealthy snake" and "supa-fly theft"
wink.gif

Take the seeds, freeze them into a container of water that will fit where you are gonna germinate them, then put the block of ice with nicely spaced seeds on the medium. When the water melts they'll be left sitting on the soil, then just do them like any other seeds... Medium sun till they germinate, then after that as full as you can without cooking them. Once they germinate, you can try to acclimate them to washington's weather, give them air circulation so that they dont suffer from damping off.

Got that Shelly Bean?

Michelle
smile.gif

Normally I wouldnt have taken them but these are a friend of mines plants that he supplies to the nursery and I see him all the time breaking off seed pods and throwing them on the ground or in the garbage because they are a pain in the butt to grow from seed and look like crap. The first time I seen it my jaw hit the floor. Any way at this nursery that he supplies he comes once a week and drops off more plants and checks on the others and well takes off all of the unsightly stuff. which I would imagine in this case would be the seed pods. Now I aint tellin anyone to do that
confused.gif
because that could be trouble but normally nurseries realy dont care about it they rip off the old flowers so the plant looks good and get a new home. Its basically grooming and they dont care about seed
like we would.

Ok so Im a thief but in my eyes a justified thief
wink.gif

WELL then, make sure you go there every week to help out your friend and his plants. The work seems quite rewarding
wink.gif

Back