What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oreoxwillisii2.jpg

S. oreophila x willisii

purpxflava2.jpg

S. purpurea x flava rugelli

purpxflavaornata2.jpg

S. purpurea x flava ornata

rubragulfxmoorei2.jpg

S. rubra gulfensis x (leucophylla x flava)

rubraxoreophila2.jpg

S. rubra x oreophila

Nice pics! What are you gonna do with all those seeds?
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What are you gonna do with all those seeds?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have been making a lot of crosses and should have more seed than I know what to do with this fall.  Most definitely I will use the PFT forums to trade, give away, etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">niiiiiice, i love the S. purpurea x flava ornata[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I liked that one a lot too, not just because of the enormous size, but the shade of purple/red that the petals were, which doesn't show well on the digicam pic.  The color was darker than it appears in the pic.

Great photos!
Are you sure the first one is oreophila x willisii? It seems to have no red in it at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Alvin Meister @ May 03 2003,09:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure the first one is oreophila x willisii? It seems to have no red in it at all.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Unless Dean Cook is wrong about it, that's who I got it from. I guess it's just a clone that got most of the "flower genes" from oreophila. I've never before seen flowers of willisii or any of its hybrids, so I really don't know what to compare it to. To me, it looks like a large oreophila flower with longer petals.

Nice pics!

We had a late season freeze here and most of my blooms got knocked back this year... Maybe next year..

Back