What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceph troubles

Thank you for the information! I agree with Tony: such matters are a very valid topic. There is after all a right way and a wrong way to do business, and if money changed hands, it is business. I have never yet encountered a commercial establishment that refused to make things right. It just isn't done!

I didn't realize Tony sold Cephalotus. My future referrals will be to him, based on his ethical stance on this issue.

Hey Tamlin,

I have just reciently bought an order of Ceph, and i had recieved 3 of them, and i bought another little guy from another good freind of minre, so that leaves me with 3 to many cephs, and i would be more than happy to replace it for you. as for i know you probably do not have much for trade i can give it to you for SASE. Or it is up to you if you want to trade anythign for it.. but the plant is just about a dime in radius, a seedling no doubt.. Tell me what you think?

Cya laters
Jim
wink.gif

PoopHead,
Isn't it purplesundew who said that her cephalotus died?
wink.gif

Purplesundew,
The ceph. that I mentioned had rotted 2 days upon arrival was also from Douglas Bertelsen
confused.gif
The shipping was too wet.
I received it in a trade along with other sundews. From my experience, he does not check the email on a daily basis and that is possilbly why he has not responded. Although the ceph did not make it, I received some nice droseras and couple days later received another ceph.(from a different grower), so I was content.

All i want to do here is offer the love of Cp's to another fellow Cp Grower who had the misfortune of a death of a remarkable species of Cp. If for some reason this plant will not make it... i will not be hurt nor will i really care... and also, even though who ever this person may have been who shipped these plants... there is a saying that is called "**** happens" and sometime even i, pack things a bit to damp, and induces water rot... maybe on accident he packed the plants just a bit to wet... but back to the main point of conversation, Bonnie i presume unless she stated other wise, most likely paid a sum of money for this plant... and i know how it feels to loose an amount of money that a plant of that stature can go for... and so i just offered a plant that i had extra of to Bonnie as a gift... i really didnt understand what you ment, when you quoted bonnie.. but oh well
biggrin.gif
no hard feelings i just like to see people
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
not
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
because when people are
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
they get
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
and when people are angry it makes me
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
and then when im angry i cant make people
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
and when people are not happy i get
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
and so one... Oh boy.. I DO NOT SMOKE, INJECT, OR SNORT ANY OF MY PLANTS!!! its just go with my happy theory equation
biggrin.gif
+
mad.gif
=
sad.gif
+
tounge.gif
=
biggrin.gif

Muhahaha... anyways...

Cya laters
Jim

Hi PoopHead,

I think you addressed the wrong person in the post above my last post. That was all I was saying. Sorry for the confusion
smile.gif

Ohhh... Ughh... im oh so bright... :'( lol i see my mistake now, i am reallly tired at the time... to many studies... must go to bed lol... goodnight lol

Cya laters
Jim
wink.gif

Glad to see that cephs are back in the pitcher plant area, but sicks it was a post about a dad one
confused.gif
. Douglas Bertelsen...hmm..sounds fimilar to me, I think i have traded with him awhile back and I recived good plants (too bad they died under my newbie skills back then lol). Well, From my expeirence, ceph cuttings dont really work for me for some reason. The way i do it is just wait for another crown to pop up, and i decaptate it, making sure at least an inch of root is on it. I place the head in a mix of peat/sand and next thing you know, the headless root pops another plant out, and the decapitated head grows fine. i have done that once with sucess, but it was from accident lol (I was trying to cut a black leaf off when the scissors missed lol).

Anyways, back to cephs:

Wetness seems to be the way cephs die most. I rarely water mine and when i do, I water from the top like i would a nepenthes. I jsut mist the soil near the crown.

Good luck fellow ceph lovers :)-Zach

Interesting thread....
Cephalotus are tough little guys to get growing well, so it doesn't help when you start with a beat up plant out of the gate.

I just wanted to plug my favorite Cephalotus web site - it's helped me overcome my own personal "Cephalotus issues".

www.cephalotus.info

There are great sections on growing and propagation that every Ceph grower should read.

Back