What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora

Hi all
Hope someone can help me. I bought my helia. in march as a seedling, and it had typical seedling pitchers. Now however it has produced an adult pitcher, but is just an inch high. Is this common? I have it in a terrarium with a 20 watt flour. bulb, it's growing in LFS and I mist it every evening. It doesn't sit in water. It's a perfect pitcher, just small, and though I won't complain if my Helia. stays small, I was hoping for something a little bigger. Can I expect future pitchers to grow bigger as it matures? Thanks for your help, Jack

The pitchers will get sequentially larger, each will be bigger than the next but it takes a little time to get large pitchers. Patience is key with these guys
smile.gif

Heliamphora are very slow growing. You can compare growth rate of one to an Ultrahighland Nepenthes! You will get a gradual increase in size like Pyro stated and sometime it will put on a beautiful show of flowers!
smile.gif

Back