What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tanked bugs...

I'm generally a bit too impatient to work with seed, but I'm learning.
smile.gif

I just licked my Drosera adelae...kinda tangy.. :cheesy:

Liar. That is really gross too! I just hapened to look at my D.Adelae this morning and there was a lot of dew on it and made me almost throw up of the though of it then you saying you licked it! Bleeech!

It WAS kinda tangy, perhaps something to do with digestive enzymes?

Why exactly is this so much more disgusting to you than drinking Nepenthes pitcher fluid?

(Edited by havron at 5:51 pm on Mar. 29, 2002)

At least mine is a liquid and not snot! :cheesy:

Actually, I believe that Nepenthes fluid is QUITE miscous... In other words, snotty...

But your CP food is pure slime! Reminds me of floating masses of algae in ponds around here in the summer. Yum, makes me really hungry. :cheesy: (aren't you trying to say viscous and not miscous?)

(Edited by nepenthes gracilis at 11
wow.gif
2 pm on Mar. 29, 2002)

It's unfortunate sundew mucous is getting such a bad rap. I think it is "good stuff". You could include whole sundew leaves in all sorts of dishes. Like tofu or couscous, it's pretty bland when served plain--try mixing it with hearty sauces. I expect the leaves are lovely in soups. Pasta sauce, too. How about a sundew in your Ragu?

BTW, havron, I followed suit and also "tried" one of my adelae. It really did have a slight tanginess. I may try it with some sort of pasta salad. I expect they're good with cashews, too.

ah, the curve of the viscous nonturbulent meniscus...

and the things you say when you're tired!
smile.gif

Chris

(Edited by Dionaea Enthusiast at 11:43 am on Mar. 30, 2002)

Chris don't get me going on the CP food recipes again!!!! :cheesy: :biggrin:

That is crazy... I checked where it said "miscous" and it now sais "viscous"... My brain totally jsut switched the letters... OUT OF NOWHERE!!! that is crazy stuff!

Great suggestions, Chris! Keep it up!
smile.gif

Nep G: Please do! :biggrin:

havron, I don't think you've seen the earlier conversation we had about cp foods?
I will try to find that thread for you. NG do you remember what the thread name was? Thanks.

Our "dishes" got pretty complex and VERY disgusting in no time.

Simple example: Utricularia radiata steamed and served in a Nepenthes pitcher stuffed with an algae-colonized peaty sludge. The radiata should be gut-loaded with Daphnia pulex. Substitute duckweed for radiata if necessary.

Chris

this was a pretty interesting discussion... every night, I see dozens of crane flys buzzing around my flava, oreophylla, alata black x flava red, and my rubra gulfensis, maybe they get drunk too?

Back