What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tanked bugs...

You can pour the fluid of unopened pitchers over your youngon's head to cure bedwetting... Apperently... :wink:

Ah, then theres always the headach cure... Don't know the details there though...

I reccomend drinking it as it is good for ya. But I wouldn't try it myself UNLESS someone offered me a plant if I did it. Then I would. I personaly think licking a Drosera is far more gotesque than drinkng a Nep. pitcher.

I'd rather lick a drosera than drink a nep pitcher any day.
smile.gif

Anyone know any good butterwort recipes? lol

The fluid from an UNOPENED nep pitcher has been used to treat arthritis. And the sterile fluid has the same effect as aloe on small cuts and burns.

What is so bad about sundew mucous?
smile.gif
I tried dilatato-petiolaris after that and also no taste. It's only sticky stuff!
Chris

I said unopened, did i not? Anyways, I wasnt talking about what it can ACTUALLY do, i was just sayin things that natives did with it... heh...

Oh, come on DE, you know you only posted that so you could brag that you have dilatato petiolaris! =Þ

smile.gif
Funny, I think I'll say I have a N.Clipeata. :cheesy:

And what does it taste like?
smile.gif

Well, it is sorta a cliPEATa taste! Peat is in Clipeata. So it tastes like peat moss! No, I don't know what would be a good desrcibition for a Clipeata taste. I wish I had the plant even if I dind't know waht it tasted like! :cheesy:

Oh wow! How long do they take to germinate? I'm a member, so I'll probably order some!
smile.gif

I'm going to send an order in today!

Thats like twenty one dollars...

I'm nto a memeber. What else do you get?

Dear Parasuco,
You would LOVE the ICPS, you get 4 colour journals a year in which you will find good info about our favorite hobby. You won't be disappointed!

Does it cost money to join or is it free?

It costs a little bit but it's worth it. I just sent out my seedbank order for the following species:

Drosera peltata ssp. auriculata
Drosera burmannii
Drosera capensis - narrow leaf
Drosera dilatato-petiolaris (Yay!)
Drosera filiformis ssp. filiformis
Drosera macrantha ssp. macrantha
Uticularia multifida (a.k.a. Polypompholyx multifida!)

See? Look at all the fun you can have!! =D

havron, you asked how long dilatato-petiolaris takes to germinate.

I don't really remember
smile.gif
, but I think it took me around three weeks under these conditions:
1:1:1 peat/sand/perlite
temperature constant 80F
humidity 100% (in a plastic ziploc bag)
I'm pleased you discovered the seedbank.

heh, (no 'heh' is not a person it just represents a small laugh) I'm always looking for ways to advertise the ICPS...:)
Chris

Back