What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern purple

I have run into a rather strang problem. I want to get a northern varient Purple Pitcher Plant, but I can't find them for sale anywhere! It seems like every CP cultivator out their sells only the southern varient. Does anyone know of a place that sells Northern? Thanks
smile.gif

P.S. My Dad has told me not to condem a plant to death via my mother so it looks like I'll be sticking to small pitchers for a while yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">P.S. My Dad has told me not to condem a plant to death via my mother so it looks like I'll be sticking to small pitchers for a while yet.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Why would your mother kill larger pitchers? I guess I just don't see the connection.
confused.gif

Anyway, did you do a google search? That usually turns up something good...

Cook's carnivorous plants has some S. Purpurea Purpurea for cheap,
Kevin

I have seeds if you want for free or trade.
Best regards Bjørn in Norway

Yah, I know where to find purples, just not the northern varient wich looks differnt from the southern.

I have a pic of my S. Purpurea Purpurea on my website Click here hope you like, its a 2 year old seedling, Happy Holidays,
Kevin

Darcie,those seeds I have is ssp. purpurea, e-mail me if you want to trade or for free........

Weser, are you talking to me? If you are........ That Is my Favorite all time sweatshirt!!!! In fact Im wearing it now!!!!lol
Kevin

yeap....that`s correct......
I have Billabongs t-shirt......
smile.gif

I bought a S. purpurea purpurea form cooks about a year ago.
It turned out to be one of my best pitcher plants. Very healthy plant.

Back