What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonesii-ing for some pics!

Hey you sarr growers,
I am jonesing to see some pics of fall pitchers on the late season varities: leuco, alatas, rubras.

Here is a complex cross: looks like a Willisii to me with a KILLER Mitch in the back!

wilkersonspecialside.jpg

What do you mean "Jonesii-ing "?

I've been meaning to. Hopefully the sun will come out here sometime soon, to get some good pics.

pond boy,
It is subtle form of botanical humor. A horticultural play on words, even if it was bad. Drug addicts when they need a fix refer to it as 'jonesing.' Sarracenia addicts refer to it as jonesii-ing, as in sarracenia rubra jonesii. Get it?

Hey, I got your pics!
smile.gif

S. leucophylla 2.5 feet tall

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG
Filled with bugs after 3 days of opening! That's 2.5 feet of mostly wasps!

Does this look like the true thing? Catalani said he was pretty sure it is.
S. rubra alabamenis
l4.JPG

Now I know this looks questionable? What do the Sarracenia gurus have to say about it?
S. oreophila
l5.JPG

l6.JPG

l7.JPG

l8.JPG

Hey Dustin,
Are those oreophila pics recent? If so, I am amazed to see them looking like that at this time of year. Mine are all gone, except for the phyllodia.

Hay spec. Your S. alabamensis looks a lot different than my alabamensis look alike, so I'm not sue about that one. Where did you get theese sarracenia
wow.gif
, they're beautiful!!!! Especially that leoc
biggrin.gif
. Heck, your greenhouse reminds me of CA Carnivores
biggrin.gif
. Oh, and i think that is an oreophila...

Those pitchers are amazing. The willisii is sooooooo pretty. Man I can't wait til next year when I could put together a minibog and start growing some pitchers.

Grac it looks like an oreo to me (I wish I had an oreo. I wish I had an oreo. I wish I had an oreo).

Aaron, yeah it's recent, today as a matter of fact. The pitchers are just starting to crisp up and deteriorate. You can see in a few pics the tops are decaying. What do you think about the S. alabamensis? Is that true? Oh and do you think it's oreo? Carl Mazur said it looks like S. oreo 'sand mountain' "The best clone I've seen in all my years of CPing." So I take his word but I still want others opinions, and it's not that I don't doubt Mike but I just like to have reinforcment ID clarification.

Nathaniel, look at my user. I'm not spec. My alabamensis is still quite young so it needs time to develope fully. The S. leucophylla is from Florida from my friends bog garden, he actually plants his Sarracenia in the ground by a seep area, some purps grow there naturally and I think 1 lone flava and numerous sundews. He dug this one plant up for me. I think he's ordered some oreo's and rubra wherry's for some more variety.

pond boy, yep everyone keeps saying it's oreo...let's hope so.

Sorry Nep G, I get you two mixed up sometimes because you guys have the same "first" name
biggrin.gif

Beautiful pics, Brooks. Your greenhouse kept sarrs look every bit as good as the wild ones. I wish I could get back down to the Minimac Bog Gardens in Alabama just about now to see the lueks in their fall colors. I like the phrase....jonesii-ing
biggrin.gif

Here's my leuco's fall pitchers. I took this last weekend.
double_leucos.jpg

Here are a bunch - taken on Monday.

bugpipes.jpg

x 'Bug Pipes'

casesresolve.jpg

x 'Case's Resolve'

danasdelight.jpg

x 'Dana's Delight'

excellens.jpg

S. x excellens

excellensxreadii2.jpg

S. x excellens x readii

fliesdemise2.jpg

x 'Flies Demise'

ladiesinwaiting.jpg

x 'Ladies In Waiting'

leuco1.jpg

S. leucophylla

leuco2.jpg

S. leucophylla

leucoxalataxrubra.jpg

S. leucophylla x (alata x rubra wherryi)

leucoxrubragreen.jpg

S. leucophylla x rubra jonesii "antho-free"

leucoxunknown.jpg

Unknown. leucophylla x
confused.gif
It has pink flowers.

mooreigreenandwhite.jpg

S. leucophylla x flava "green and white"

psittxrubragreen.jpg

S. psittacina x rubra jonesii "antho-free"

purprubramix.jpg

An unknown. My guess is that it has purpurea and rubra in it, and maybe or maybe not something else. Flowers looked like a rubra's flowers.

rubrarubra.jpg

S. rubra subsp. rubra

unknown.jpg

An unknown. psittacina's definitely in it. maybe psitt x popei. And yes, that is a fully opened pitcher.

wrigleyxleuco2.jpg

S. (leucophylla x psittacina) x leucophylla

wrigleyxleuco3.jpg

A different clone of (leucophylla x psittacina) x leucophylla

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(I wish I had an oreo. I wish I had an oreo. I wish I had an oreo).
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I so hear you Nathaniel.

Man, guys, those are some sweet pics....
Larry, that pic is just unreal.....My jaw is still on the floor!

Sarracenia and Larry...BEAUTIFUL plants and photos. What a treat.

Thanks!

Larry...that's it! I'm packing up and moving to California! Got a spare room?
wink.gif

Thanks Schloaty!

Suzanne, you're always welcome here  
smile.gif
  It was a sunny 84 degrees here today.

Here's a few more pics.
leuco.jpg

S. leucophylla

leucoxwillisii.jpg

S. leucophylla x willisii

leuco_x_%20willisii.jpg

S. leucophylla x willisii