What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead heliamphora?

hey, i receive the 2 heliamphoras heterodoxas x minor for 7 dollers a week or 2 ago, and 1 of em is doin good but the other it looks like it was 2 seedlings in 1 pot

and 1 seedling looks dead and the other one is just growing a small green one

i have them in like 5-6 hours morning full sun and the temps are around 79-86

should i give them MORE sun?? i know they like cool soil temps so, i think ill put ice cubes on the top oof soil mroe often, and what are the chances it will live?should i give it MORE sun?? i looked at Martins post in the other thread that 1-2 drops in each pitcher of milk is good for em, but there pitchers are very small,

also do these things grow fast or slow?

THanks

ahh forgot to add,

they stay about 60% humidity -100%

60% or higher during day. mostly all the time its 90-100% at night

they sit in the little tray with water, but i dont fill it up, i water from the top so it goes throughly to the botom

Are the ice cubes touching the plants an did you transplant them recently?

the ice cubrs are kinda touchign the plants, is that bad?

no i didnt not transplant them, they are in the same pots i got when pft.com sent em to me.

should i just puit the ice cubes ontop of the soil?

and i just read they need like 15 hours direct sun =/

Hum mine don't get 15 hours of direct sunlight and they still grow fine. I think the pots are getting to cool. The pots have a very small mass so the ice cubes work very effectively. I would stop using them for now and switch to cool water. Don't give them more sun right now let them grow in were ever you've placed them right now. If after a couple of months they look dark green and have no red on them give them more light. They are kind of slow growers, but you should always see a small pitcher forming if there in the right conditions for long enough.

Yeah they like the soil cool but don't let the ice cubes touch the plants. Just try refirgerated water.

ahh ok, i am using refrigerated distiled water
smile.gif

ok, i think 1 died and the other is growing, i wish i could post pictures

the opther one has like 2 small ones growing up and the other one is just all brown pichers and one is half brown half green with no new ones

should i contact phil or jaie to see if i could exchange it??

becuase when i got it it was kinda green and i also heard from jaie that alot of times they dont do well in shipping

When I was sent my Helimphora in the post the grower told me to leave them in a slighly shady place while they recover. Also, I was told not to leave them standing in water, just to keep them wet. I'm no expert though!!
Rosie

Back