What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over loaded with helemphora

• Thread starter lithopsboy
  • Start date
hello
 right now i have an almost mature Heliamphora that has i think 4 or 5 growth points and i have hopes in seperating them for further trading use in this site. but what my problem is, is what is the safest method that i could use to seperate them with out hurting my plant.

thankx
                                 anson nesbitt

I have never divided a heliamphora before, but I would be up for a trade
smile.gif

I am going to make an educated guess on the way to divide the plants.

You will need a very sharp knive to cut the rhizome and make the cut a clean one. You would cut between the growth points and would want a root system with each section. You will need a fungicide to either dust or soak the plants in to prevent a fungal attack. Once divided, the plants would need to be potted at the same level they were in their original pot. I would also take some care as not to stress the plants by placing them in direct sunlight and I would also keep the humidity higher until the plants can heal. Once recovered, the plants could then be acclimated back to the original growing conditions.

Please note that this is an educated guess. My plant has not grown enough for me to divide.

i heard that heliamphora don't liuke to be transplanted or divided because they're very brittle and can break and die easily . but i would'nt be to sure because i have never done anything with my heliamphora yet .

Heliamphora division is one of the best wayts to propagate them. To do it just cut along the divisions with a knife, repot and water with superthive solution. You may want to keep humidity higher to help the division resist stress during establishment. make sure you have roots on the new division too.

thankx
alien.gif

i will only be trading two but in the future im sure it will make more plants so i will make a post in the near furture telling the condition of the plants and i will also have some pictures. im sory for not staing the name because at that time i went brain dead and for got the name by the way its helemohora minor..

anson

Back