Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just arrived- judith hindle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could get quite a large tray and fill that with water. Then get some polythene with a hole cut in the middle and then attach that to the tray, with the plant pot going in the hole. Just an idea that might stop the rapid evaporation.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I got my Judith Hindles two weeks ago and put them on my porch rail the next day (it was slightly overcast) with the rest of my pitcher plants and VFTs. They are doing fine and the veins in the pitchers are getting darker with a couple of new pitchers starting up on both plants. They share a water tray with 4 VFTs in 3" pots. No covering at all.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

The Sarracenia have been in a greenhouse and has been getting light less 60% ( the shade cloth [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])

Mist them with distilled water ( or the other source that Mike mentioned. )

-----

Contradict away [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

That is what we are all here for. No harm ( unless he listens to you and not me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])

-----

I would opt for a big saucer. Just make sure that the water doesn't go above the root/crown. You could rot the plant ( water table ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erg I grow my S.minor outside with no tray. I just have a pile of LFS on my pot and I water it 2-3 times week. It gets a little shade for most of the day though. It seems to love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

i put it outside yesterday afternoon when it rained, since there is high humidity. it wasnt too bright the rest of the day, so i just left it out until this morning. i heard of vfts collapsing because of the rapid humidity change. thats what im afraid of if i take it back inside. but would it get sunburned if i leave it out? i need an answer quickly...because in about an hour, its gonna get realllllly bright and hot. thanks

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

With my plants I place them outside for the summer and bring them in in the winter and there great looking. (except for old pitchers that are dying) If you give them morning sun when it is not as hot they ought to be fine. (but then again I live in the moutains of North Carolina). [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12