What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. x 'judith hindle'

I have a judith hindle that has grow regular pitchers all season long until now. Now it has been growing tiny diameter pitchers tubes that have a huge green fin on it. The tops of the tubes never opens so i think they're phyllodias (sp??). Is this what they are??

In the savage garden it says judith hindles were made by combining two S. (s X f) X l clones. The book didn't say anything about hindles growing phyllodia but i assumed they might since both flava and leucophylla grow them. Then i really started thinking, since Flavas grow them in late summer and leucophyllas grow them in early summer maybe it combined to cause hindles to grow them in mid summer. Is this right? Or am i thinking way too hard?? Thanks

-buckeye

i'm curious as well , what species of sarrcenia make phyllodia and what don't . btw , to answers your question they do make pphylodia , mines still makes phyllodia right now , so does my leucophylla , flava .

A lot of hybrids with flava in will make phyllodia at some stage, but not all. Seems like Judith Hindle does!

My Judith Hindle is putting out it's tallest pitchers of the year right now. No phyllodia yet. My S. oreophila is pretty much all phyllodia at this point, however.

Capslock

Yes, S. x 'Judith Hindle does produce phyllodia.

My oreo is producing phyllodia and new pitchers together. The older spring ones are looking a bit tatty though now.

Back