User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Look what my mom brought me home from target!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how big was the vase .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man! I've been through half moon bay 4 times! If i had only knew they were located there, I could have visited their nursery! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i knew that along time ago and i never brought any of there plants yet and you've brought tons of there cps and you never knew , lol alothugh i don't really find there collection impressive as shown in the gallery in there website .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they have a public showroom. I've bought a bunch of "bloom-rite" plants (non cps) in the past, and found them to be healthy, happy plants. Half-moon Bay is the spot of quite a bit of agriculture, so things obviously tend to grow well there. I know it's particularly humid there with cool air and a mix of fog and sun. I bet they can get perfect conditions inside their greenhouses.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went to my local target today and i was quite dissapointed of what i saw . i thought the plants were bigger and colorfuller , either that or i missed out on the big ones but it does'nt seem like that because there were tons of them at the bottom of a lightless shelf . it deffinatly was s. x wrigelayana and s. x judith hindle that were being sold. the plants i saw were horrible , the s. x wrigelyanas were kinda dieing , the s. judtih hindles were small , still hanging in there and did not have much coloration . even worse was that the planst were not in lfs as i thought , they were in green moss , i guess the company wanted a more decorative ugly moss to replace the more the beautiful lfs . some plants were water logged and some plants were really dry , some plants had fungus and some plants were already dead . your also correct too , the tag on a stick on the plants said cobra lily in big bold letters and said that there eating machines , said to fertilize once in a while but they would catch there own bugs , did'nt say what type of water to use and not very good unfo about light . i wish i could save them all but 15 bucks for a almost dead plant in a vase that smells horrible , no thanks . your lucky al885 , your plants were quite big and the plants i saw were about 5 inches . good luck growing it , you may want to get rid of the green moss rather then use it again when you repot it , green moss is quite deadly although the plant might survive as i did see some peat in there but just remeber not to water too much .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They might not have labeled the plant correctly but at least the company knows how to grow them. The 2 photos posted looks great!
    Statik2426

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of these beautiful plants from Target too, Now my first one has company. I am very sad to report that Target is letting them all die!!! I wish I could save them ALL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please disregard this post. This is a test to check to see if we can respond to a topic that has already been posted.
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast