What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.Purpurea tips please.

Hi, Just got a small one of these from B&Q, its in very good condition and has lots of new growth, there were some slightly larger ones but these were dry as a bone
sad.gif

Do these plants require a dormancy (pitchers are only approx 2-3 inches tall so far)

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,
Yes they do require a dormancy, as you are from Liverpool, you could try growing it outside (now&#33
wink.gif
in a sunny wind sheltered spot, or buy a cold frame (V. good for low growing US CP, available also from B&Q etc)

Hey nice plant. Mine was about that big when I got it, only it had a flower. The flower was nifty (cool). The flowers on a p. pitcher last a long time and do not really render how the plant grows. It may just take a little longer for a pitcher to form.
Wesley
P.S. Nice sundew. What kind is it, I may get me one.
wink.gif

Hi wesley, cheers for the comment, what do the flowers look like?

My sundew I believe is a Capensis...heres a better pic

sundew2.jpg

Give them lots of sun and they look like this...

S_purpurea02_web.jpg

This plant originally came from Lowes and was left for dead. After a couple of weeks in my mini bog it sproute and is happy now.
smile.gif

Back