What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unnamend heliamphora species from ilu tepui

Hi,

I recieved an unnamend Heliamphora species from Ilu tepui this spring and my plant behaves a bit mysterious ...

It grows very fast (unusal for the H. spec. Ilu which Andreas Wistuba sells, but my plant is not from him) but doesn't make any adult pitchers.
It stays completly green in the same conditions where other Heliamphora species are red coloured.

Does anyone grow the unnamend Heliamphora species from Ilu tepui and can share his/her experience ?

Martin

here is a picture :
H_spilu02.jpg

Martin,

I grow the same plant and have been growing it for over 4 years. Unfortunately I cannot give you any advice, mine grows well but still produces juvenile pitchers and stays green as well. I split it a few times and have tried to alter the conditions but that has always resulted in slowly killing the plant. So I gave up and leave it where it seems happy in the hopes that on some future day it will mature.

Cheers

I have the Ilu Tepui species from Andreas. Mine get red out in the greenhouse. They do seem content to remain tiny and with juvenile leaves... I am playing around with some osmocote and will see if a little steady feeding helps or not. The ones I have don't seem to grow any faster than any of the other Heliamphora I have.
Tony

Back