Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heliamphora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a heliamphora heterodoxa x minor .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the moderators just edit out any mention of a competitors website? wow, is that official policy or just the personal stance of certain mods?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    **********.com, Exotic Gardens, runs a cp buisness, now people placing a link to another place that sells plants would be advertising that here, thus having pft, a place that sells cp's, just having it a buisness advertising place, getting less sales, hope it makes sence [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] ,
    Kevin
    Kevin Peterson
    Grosse Pointe, MI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hrmm, i guess you could say it makes sense.. in a monopolistic, fascist kinda way.

i'm not saying you should openly advertise other vendors (threads dedicated to "new sale at shop X" etc).., but to exclude the option of conversing about them openly seems a little left wing to me. especially with the limited stock exotic gardens currently has to offer.

this has kinda rambled off topic enough here though. i strongly disagree with this policy so you wont be seeing me around here anymore.

no drama intended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

These forums are hosted by Exotic Gardens ( A.K.A. **********.com ). Because Exotic Gardens sells Carnivorous Plants, it is not considered good form to post links to other websites selling similar items.

I understand that the Heliamphora had sold out before many people could order them. However, this happens during clearance sales and one cannot do much about it. After all, it is a clearance sale. Once the items are sold, there will be no more until the item is restocked and priced ( albeit not at the clearance price ). If someone wants to point someone to another source that sells the “Currently Out-of-Stock” plant, they can do so with a private message, or if the user has allowed it, a simple e-mail message.

As far as Heliamphora being easy to grow... I have found them much easier than I had first thought. I keep mine in my basement, which stays no warmer than 70°F during the day and roughly 65°F at night. The plant is under a plastic dome, with vent holes, to keep the humidity high, but not so much as to cause rotting. The plant is watered from the top until water can be seen in the saucer. I allow the water to get to the point where its about ready to disappear and I water again. This maybe several days or the next day. This has worked well for me. I plan to move it to a terrarium once I get things moved about.

Here is an older photo of my Heliamphora:

Since the above photo, it has produced its first mature pitcher with a nectar spoon. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry about the URL.

I was going to say that I've seen Heliamphoras on sale att he Dangerous Plants website (the URL of which I can't provide).

I think it should be okay to at least mention competitor's names w/o posting URLs, especially in this case where he can't even get the plant from this site.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cynic81, I look at it this way. Phil keeps these forums running with money from Exotic Gardens/PFT. He sells great plants and does his best to see that his customers have a good experience and are satisfied with the service. So in return, I have no problem with not posting competitors and their urls on his forum. Anyone with an ounce of smarts can find these places themselves with any of the search engines available on the net. And as mentioned before, I can email or pm these URLs to someone if need be.

I also figure if his business starts going down, he'll have to tighten his belt and one of the first things I'd eliminate would be the forums. They cost money and bring in a lot of frustration that isn't needed when you have a business to run. Fortunately for us, Phil has ignored this part of it.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]

Edited @ 10:42, August 1, 2003
    Nick, those are some nice looking Heliamphora [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Monopolistic, fascist, left wing."
    smak, Those are pretty strong words partner. Phil owns this fourum. Phil keeps it running at his own expense and at no charge to us...he allows the names of his competitors to be mentioned...just not the posting of links. Anything else would be like General Motors running an ad on TV showing the "6" car winning the Daytona 500...ain’t gonna’ happen. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast