Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few pics i just took

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your "leucophylla?" looks just like the leuco 'red' I got from PFT. This is leucox 'willisi'(sp?) hybrid...I think that 'willisi' is a leuco hybrid itself (with purpurea in there, too, but I think it's actually a three way hybrid...someone please correct me here).
    Hope this helps...

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the Home Depot one may be S. 'Dana's Delight' which was called for a while "red leucophylla". It's a leuco crossed with a leuco hybrid(I can't remember exactly with what-thinking purpurea). It comes from Agristarts, which supplies a lot of tc plants to various places.[/QUOTE]

Your "leucophylla?" looks just like the leuco 'red' I got from PFT. This is leucox 'willisi'(sp?) hybrid...I think that 'willisi' is a leuco hybrid itself (with purpurea in there, too, but I think it's actually a three way hybrid...someone please correct me here).
    Hope this helps...
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think it's that leuco x willisii. I actually have a couple of those growing right next to it. In pretty much the same conditions, the pitchers on both of the leuco x willisii turn nearly completely dark red, with pink windows. This Home Depot plant pretty much stays green, except for the lid. The only reason I'm not sure if it is a pure leuco is that, to me, it just seems there is not much aereolation (is that a word?) below the lip of the pitcher. It still is a relatively young plant, so maybe it is a leuco that just hasn't fully developed it's colors yet.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I might have a sarracenia alata 'black x flava 'red' offshoot available for trade next spring. maybe we could trade?[/QUOTE]
    You have a pic of that plant? I would be interested, especially if the plant is well colored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll go take the pics right now, I know you'll love them, the lids get a dark blood red when put in full sunlight, and the pitcher is a deep red with some green too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I'll edit the pics onto this post
    EDIT: Okay, here are the pics!

In full sun, the entire pitchers can become blood dark red, and the pitchers, if not completely blood red, are heavily veined:

The inside of the pitcher is heavily veined as well, look at the black at the bottom, its a fly [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

When this pitcher developed, it was inside and it was rainy the whole time it developed, so it's not as big and colorful:

4. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12